HybridZ

rb20det dyno graph

pcs_russ

Some info for you RB20 guys. This is a dyno of my brother's 240sx with an RB20. 100% stock engine, GT30r turbo, 440cc injectors, ebay manifolds, 3" exhaust, front mount intercooler and Electromotive TEC3. 20lbs on pump gas running in the high 10's afr and 18 degrees of timing. Going back this weekend to hit 400rwhp.

Russ

RB20240sx.jpg

Dizzle, 300whp should be easy to get. The first pull on the dyno we made 318. That was with less than 5min of tuning that Russ did just to get it to run. Theres lots of room for improvement at its current tune. It should get 400 to the tires or it will die trying. (then we can put the RB26 in it that is collecting dust over in the corner of the shop)

sqweekykneecap, flip a coin and go for it. The RB20 is a ton of fun in the 240sx, the 25 would just be better! This RB20 has been beat on pretty good by both Russ and myself and it hasn't brooke yet. (trust me we tried) Almost everyday it gets run, it's banging off of the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd, and keeps coming back for more.

BF

Your correct, it won't do squat. It's there for looks.

Russ

it could be re-routed to work though. put the filter on the valve cover port going to the turbo intake pipe, cap off the ports that join the two valve covers, as one will be intake-air, and one will be pressurized-outlet port. keep the one going to the catch can, and send a line from the catch can back to the intake pipe.

the Bernoulli effect created by the turbo's compressor wheel suction will pull vacuum and suck the oil from the valve cover into the catch can (take that filter off the catch can), and will separate the air from the oil inside the catch can if there's a substrate for it to fall onto and suspend it.

Am I right or is this incorrect? that's how i've seen it set up.

Thats how I have mine set up and it does collect oil. I use a clear oil compressor air filter and it works great.

A question aside...do you run a blow through MAF?

it could be re-routed to work though. put the filter on the valve cover port going to the turbo intake pipe, cap off the ports that join the two valve covers, as one will be intake-air, and one will be pressurized-outlet port. keep the one going to the catch can, and send a line from the catch can back to the intake pipe.

the Bernoulli effect created by the turbo's compressor wheel suction will pull vacuum and suck the oil from the valve cover into the catch can (take that filter off the catch can), and will separate the air from the oil inside the catch can if there's a substrate for it to fall onto and suspend it.

Am I right or is this incorrect? that's how i've seen it set up.

hes actually almost got it hooked up half a$$ correct lol. for the easiest fix, I would say slap that little filter from the catch tank on the intake manifold side valve cover which is currently going to the catch tank. then move the catch tank to the other side of the engine bay, inline from the exhaust side valve cover fitting to the turbo intake pipe fitting and you done. Leave the U bend hose where it is. in all honesty you have all the parts including the lines to hook it up right, you should just hook it up :D