HybridZ

302 sound..

Well to get 500 HP out of a little 302 is gonna take a cam, set of heads, good intake and carb, nice headers and a nice exhaust. But with a cam and some headers and a decent exhaust you can come close. Mine sounds pretty wicked, but its mostly stock other than the ol pipes.

• 1 year later...

New to this whole sbf thing. Thanks! I really like the sound of this and other similar 5.0's ive heard at the strip.

LOL, crazy! I just bought this car from a guy in Reno for $2200. I am positive its the same because of the oil filter relocation, the custom radiator, the front lip, the tachometer, the rocker covers, the exhaust tip, and other subtle cues. Pretty wild to see a video of it. I need to get in touch with the guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a flowmaster muffler to me. A 500hp 302 is going to be extremely difficult and extremely expensive to do. And that's at the flywheel. Are we talking actualy 302's or 302 based strokers? You're going to have to spin a 302 like crazy to get 500hp and with as weak as the stock blocks are, that's REALLY pushing it.