HybridZ

Custom Fiberglas to order in any color in gel coat

ottoauto

At the begining of this summer I'm going to be looking into designing a fiberglass dash mold to produce some dashes. I'm posting this to see if people would be interested in a dash ordered in your own custom color and what people would be willing to pay. A perfect original dash runs about at about $500. It would be a screw in replacement, with vent holes and the same heater and speaker mounts (you will have to use the old brackets) and one variation of the dash should have speaker holes (anyone want to suggest a speaker size). PLEASE post your highest price for a good dash designed and made by a skilled fiberglass worker, and if your interested in getting one or seeing pictures of the first one at the beginning of the summer let me know and I will take your contact name down.

I'm going to try to maintain the original lines for one dash. The other dash would be the same lines probably with small speaker holes or something... I'm still kind of thinking about it. any input or ideas would certainly be considered at this point. Im going to try to do a few sketches of what it might look like.

Depending on how they end up looking I would be interested. You're going to have to make something to show people before you really get serious interest.

I would want one without speakers since I'm going to make custom door cards with speaker mounts.

I will certainly have on that goes in my car for pictures before I sell any. I'll do mine, and in the meantime pop out one or two extras to photograph and put up for immediate sale. Probably make the first couple out of basic colors like black, and orange. (my car is the original z orange) Does anyone have this paint name or code? I'll be figurring out what company I will be using for the gel coat soon and I'll get a list of colors.

• 1 month later...

Further update. I'm finally going to be making my mold in a few weeks. I'm doing a fiberglass thick mold, and im going to try to offer carbon fiber, carbon hybridz, carbon kevlars, hexcel taxalium and holographic carbon fiber. Ill be creating a list of colors and prices. Certain materials are more difficult to work with, fade quicker to uv light, but you will be warned of all these things prior to the dash being made (Clothes that are difficult to work with won't look worse, but might increase price due to extra manufacturing time). I will be getting uv resistant chemicals to apply before an automotic clearcoat is applied to reduce fading of colors. Once the first molds are made a list of prices, materials, and colors will be listed.

PDK fabrication sells complete fiberglass dash for $400

DSC01224.JPG

Fits 240 & 260Z

will fit the 280Z but won't fit the 280Z center console

A dash that is an exact duplicate in both size and shape of the original. Made of fiberglass for the serious racer. Weighs only 7 Pounds. That's a 30+lb savings. Air vents & Glove box has been eliminated. Center section has been plated smooth for any application you prefer. Heater controls can be inserted into the dash with proper fabrication. Can be mounted with or without a roll cage. Fabrication is needed to mount dash (mounting hardware not included)

Aftermarket gauges are needed.

5" for the large gauges & 2 5/8" for the small gauges.

FGD-3000

SPECIAL PRICE

$400.00 (Plus shipping )

(regular price $450.00)

Good luck though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Srry. I havent made a lot of progress. Stuff kind of randomly went wrong with my z car with bad timing. Im out of school in less than two weeks. ill show pictures of my set up and everything shortly after that. sorry this is taking me some time. Guy that wants the rough dash, i can get it to you for about 250. Ill be using it to sand down and create my primary mold off of.

• 3 weeks later...