HybridZ

Trial HP Run

I tried out a short data log run in 3rd gear with my new custom made Tec3r software.

My waste gate preasure is not very stable with these tiny internal W/G's. I believe this HP # is around 14 - 16lbs boost...

Looks like if I would have held the pedal, it would have done better, as it was climbing still. This thing should rev to 8500, no prob.

click

03172009170801.th.jpg

So, how does it work?

Pretty neat stuff, your boost control leaves something to be desired huh?

Evan

I'm even using a HKS EZ electronic boost controller. I'ts got to be the tiny flapper holes causing the boost problem....

The custom software was written by a member here on HybridZ (I'll keep him anonymous unless He comes forth) to replace the crappy factory Electromotive tuning software that comes with the ECU.

It makes the tuning process WAY easier, and has many cool add ons (like the road dyno feature). That was a screen shot I took of a data log pull in 3rd gear on the street (I was way out in the boonies :mrgreen:).

Joel,

The MAP thing could be the typical filtering issue on the TEC3. Do you have the map filtering turned all the way up? Is the boost gauge actually jumping around that much? I haven't forgot about the maps i was going to send you. My first son came 2 weeks early and i haven't had time to get back to the car to get the maps for you. I will try tomorrow.

Russ

Joel,

The MAP thing could be the typical filtering issue on the TEC3. Do you have the map filtering turned all the way up? Is the boost gauge actually jumping around that much?

Russ

The boost gauge appears to be steady.

Please explain the part about the map filter turned all the way up... I don't understand that part... :redface:

Congrads on the Son!!!

Joel,

The TEC3 has an option to filter out pulsations in the manifold. There is a setting in the software to adjust the amount of filtering. I always leave mine set to 8 or 16, whatever is the max. If not, the manifold pressure jumps around like yours. This causes the pulsewidth to jump around making the car impossible to tune. On some cars i have had to add an extremely small restrictor to the hose running to the MAP sensor to get additional filtering. Make sure you connect the map sensor to the manifold on it's own hose. If you put it in the hose with the boost control you get a similar result.

What size tires do you have on the back of your car? My car is either extremely over powered, under tired, or the suspension alignment is jacked. I can't do 3rd get pulls without doing burnouts. My wastegate spring is 13lbs and the car stays pretty much out of control all the time. It is fun spinning the tires on I95 at 70mph though.

I just dropped it off at the interior shop so i will be down for 4 weeks. Maybe the extra weight will help.

Russ