10 replies to this topic

#1 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

That's right, only 60 days until the 2009 DNI Shootout at Reynolds, GA.

You guys getting ready?

82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

#2 Evan Purple240zt

Evan Purple240zt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • LocationMadison area, WI

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

Crap. lol
1995 240sx....
1972 240z RIP

#3 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

John, and I are burning the midnight oil getting ready. We both are looking forward to seeing everyone. We are hoping to have the car in new paint in two weeks. John already has his motor completed (Blown Alky)and we have another motor (NOS motor)at the machine shop as I am typing. The one at the machine shop is for PINKS ALL OUT on the 25th of April. So we will have our work cut out for us to be ready for PINKS.But if we can't make PINKS no sweat, our man goal is being ready for DNI.Jerry
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#4 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

PAINT?????? You're going to ruin your image, LOL.
I might try to make it up to Lowes on the 25th. Long ride but hey what else have I got to do!

John, and I are burning the midnight oil getting ready. We both are looking forward to seeing everyone. We are hoping to have the car in new paint in two weeks. John already has his motor completed (Blown Alky)and we have another motor (NOS motor)at the machine shop as I am typing. The one at the machine shop is for PINKS ALL OUT on the 25th of April. So we will have our work cut out for us to be ready for PINKS.But if we can't make PINKS no sweat, our man goal is being ready for DNI.Jerry

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#5 jeffer949

jeffer949

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationNewton, KS

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Im working on it and guess what... Im building another motor just like i did last year right before dni. I hope to get this one running before the night before. I think i might want to break this one in better than the drive to dni lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1974 260ZT known as Stella- the temperamental bitch

#6 wigenOut-S30

wigenOut-S30

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationMobile AL

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

Hopefully doing my tuning this weekend, weather permitting..

1977 S30: L28 turbo/intercooled:385rwhp 390TQ:11.56@122

gallery_372_579_19959.jpg

#7 speeder

speeder

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

You guys getting ready?

Nope, not even close.

Can't make this one - You guys have fun and post lots of pics.
Rick Bowers
'77 280ZT (Not as fat as I thought) - Awaiting 260ci Twin Turbo Buick Stage II - Finally out of machine shop jail after 2+ years!
'78 280Z (Soon to be for sale)
2002 Lexus IS300 - Turbo 2JZ, 6-speed - daily driven monster.

"Speed costs - How fast do you want to spend?"

Posted Image
My build thread: http://forums.hybrid...ad.php?t=136300
Old body shown in obsolete website:
Rick's 280ZT AKA: "Porkchop"

#8 Forrest

Forrest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationNear: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

You guys getting ready?

Le sigh. I'm doing my best.

I think this is going to be another one of those down to the last second debacles.

#9 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

PAINT?????? You're going to ruin your image, LOL.
I might try to make it up to Lowes on the 25th. Long ride but hey what else have I got to do!

Paint...,I know, the car has been flat black ever since we put it together. John finshed our friends Z (bodywork & Paint), the car came beautiful, John did a GREAT JOB,and that inspired us to go ahead and bite the bullit. Our friends car ( SILVER BULLIT)is a street car but looks like a show car.Everything He has is so neat and clean, I told him I wanted to be like him win I grow up.When ever that is... Jerry
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#10 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

Working, working, working....drove the hotrod last Friday and then got caught in a bunch of rain the next couple of days. We're still running it pretty rich for break-in, and I haven't really put a load on it on the ground yet, but I can tell there is some serious power lurking. My buddy's dyno doesn't have a load cell, just the roller, so we can't really put a load on it there. We may be able to do a little testing and tuning today if it dries out. Still far ahead of last year. Looking forward to seeing the gang. Not sure why J&J are trying to bring some class to the fray...go figger...:o)

Regards,
Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#11 silver bullit

silver bullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCayce, South Carolina

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

Im getting closer ! Had problems at the dyno with my turbo controller should get it back next week. Now just need some seat time at the dragstrip. JNJ if you are listening im still going to need at least 2 cars and the break. Jerry I will have to agree with you John did an AWSOME job on the body and paint. Hope to see everyone at dni.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users