HybridZ

Custom rustoleum colors

KenshinX

I will be taking the Rustoleum route after being screwed out of $1600. So since my paint is practically falling off and my car is now 5 different colors it is either this or spray paint or let it rust away.

My question is after reviewing the past Rustoleum threads both on here and other pages where can I get my own color mixed?

I read in this thread:http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117199&highlight=custom+rustoleum+paint that Rustoleum did have over 100 custom colors, but I'm a few years too late for that. I went to homedepot and lowes today to see if i can get a color mixed and the answer was no at both places.

My desired color is lime green very similar to Metallicar seen here:http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117199&highlight=custom+rustoleum+paint&page=4

I was thinking that maybe I could mix hunter green with white and safety yellow to get my results?

Would I start with 2 quarts of hunter green 1 quart of safety yellow and 1 quart of gloss white to make a gallon. I doubt I would need a gallon of hunter green and 1/2pints of yellow and white that would be too much paint and probably to dark. Really dont want to waste money on uneeded paint because of my already tight budget. If anyone has mixed custom colors let me know and chim in on the amount and sizes used.

The Rustoleum Custom Color Program seems to have faded from glory. The link you posted above leads back to a page at Rustoleum's web site, where they still have the Tremec masstone base for the custom color mix, I did not go any further to see if they still list others.

I would think most Rustoleum dealers would still have the recipe for the custom colors on file. Go to a decent paint store and give them a try.

I happen to still have this brochure -

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

The Rustoleum Custom Color Program seems to have faded from glory. The link you posted above leads back to a page at Rustoleum's web site, where they still have the Tremec masstone base for the custom color mix, I did not go any further to see if they still list others.

I would think most Rustoleum dealers would still have the recipe for the custom colors on file. Go to a decent paint store and give them a try.

I happen to still have this brochure -

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

YES!!!! you are the man! Thanks :rockon::hail:

I called up Sherwin and they said that it can be done but there is no guarantee that the desired color can be produced. I want the key lime or green apple on the brochure. on their website the keylime is number 27033 for tremclad.

If all else fails are there any Canadian members willing to get me a can of keylime green or sour apple? I'll pay for shipping and the product plus a tip for the effort!