HybridZ

my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wheres the video? I just picked up a 71 240z for 600 workin on the funds for the rb swap... Love the build.... Can you post up som links for some of the parts I will need.. Thanks

You live in the springs? Sounds like you got a good deal on the 240z I live near Manitou send me a message sometime if you need some help on your Z, I have Fridays off work.

• 1 month later...

I read this whole thread and I have to say that your car is Freakin Sick ! I'm trying to sell my 67' Camaro project so I can pick up a 240z/260z so I can do this swap. Since you live in Socal too maybe you'll be able to help me out. I like the intake manifold/intercooler+piping combo, I would like the same exact thing aside from the color.

Thanks man! Let me know if you need anything, be glad to help you out.

Yeah ! You have a spare 240z/260z shell sitting around ? J/K ! I can't wait to get rid of my Camaro so I can get started ! I should've thought of this a long time ago, then my Camaro would be sold by now and I would have one. Maybe I should try talking my dad out of his 260z !

Yeah ! You have a spare 240z/260z shell sitting around ? J/K ! I can't wait to get rid of my Camaro so I can get started ! I should've thought of this a long time ago, then my Camaro would be sold by now and I would have one. Maybe I should try talking my dad out of his 260z !

This thread contains a Cali shell for you: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/97027-240z-shell/page__pid__911810#entry911810

Not a hijack.

Love the project and more I see this RB 25 and 26 motor projects the more I want to do one. I had an RB20 in the ol Skyline when I lived in Japan and I loved the power of that motor, I can't imagine how powerful it is in your car.

This thread contains a Cali shell for you: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/97027-240z-shell/page__pid__911810#entry911810

Not a hijack.

Love the project and more I see this RB 25 and 26 motor projects the more I want to do one. I had an RB20 in the ol Skyline when I lived in Japan and I loved the power of that motor, I can't imagine how powerful it is in your car.

Thanks ! I've been talking with him already, trying to see if we could work something out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did section my struts, I think the springs themselves are fine although I'm looking for other alternatives. For a mild 1-2" drop they would be fine but even with sectioned struts I'm way to close to bottoming out the shock and I really want to change to a arizonazcar type setup where the shock body is threaded so doesn't loose travel when the car is lowered. [shameless plug]I'm actually thinking about selling my complete setup so PM me if you are interested! lol [/shameless plug]

• 3 months later...

Yah I love the picture of your car on the NISEI show. It sat real nice with the new rims/wheels. I have 17x8.5 front and 17x9.5 rear of same rims as yours. I hear you on the 18 inch rims, I was thinking of getting some SSR MS1 like these:

http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_1010_1974_nissan_s30_fairlady_z/datsun_platform.html

probably the only 18 inch rims I would use in my car.

Edited by brianZortiz

hahah, real talk you cant beat rotas on pricing/ looks and fitment. One of the best investment to our cars to look really good. Plus the main US rota dude hooked me up with shirts and stickers when I told him my dust caps where cracked he sent me new ones for free.

• 4 years later...

So it's been 5 years since I Posted on this build thread, the car became a monster after all this and I wish I kept posting but.... I'm rebuilding my car again. Just sold my entire drivetrain, starting from scratch.

Should I start a new build thread or continue here??? Admins let me know :)  

We can change the title to " AWD RB26DETT 240z build (april 2016) continued on Page 11"

.... or I start a new thread