my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice brotha,

im starting my rb25 in a couple days. my budget is 5grand.

now how much did you spend on the nessecary items, ie. rad, engine, ecu, trans, engine mounts, inter cooler, piping, TB, fuel injectors, rail, exhaust, drive shaft.

i plan on getting a front clip

and every thing else from mckinney.

thanks

zach

nice brotha,

im starting my rb25 in a couple days. my budget is 5grand.

now how much did you spend on the nessecary items, ie. rad, engine, ecu, trans, engine mounts, inter cooler, piping, TB, fuel injectors, rail, exhaust, drive shaft.

i plan on getting a front clip

and every thing else from mckinney.

thanks

zach

Yikes! Get ready to go over budget. A front clip will probably cost you $3k right off! If you plan to totally pinch pennies and reuse hoses and stuff from the front clip, you might make it in just over $5k. Though, it sounds like you're ready to spend money on a lot of other stuff, including the nice stuff McKinney Motorsports has to offer ($525 for the mounts alone).

Yikes! Get ready to go over budget. A front clip will probably cost you $3k right off! If you plan to totally pinch pennies and reuse hoses and stuff from the front clip, you might make it in just over $5k. Though, it sounds like you're ready to spend money on a lot of other stuff, including the nice stuff McKinney Motorsports has to offer ($525 for the mounts alone).

well, front clip 2500

driveshaft 450

mount kit 525...u already called that

intercooler EBAY! 73

coustom intercooler pipes Via spectre intakes from AZ 75

new intake mani EBAY!375

as for oil pan......hmmmmmmstill lookin!

3998. and yes, i wont let anything be wasted on the front clip.

Dont forget your factory rear end will probably have to change(unless you have a r200 already), you need to convert to efi so that gonna cost you some money(pump, filters, lines, modify tank/cell/surge tank etc.). Brake upgrade would be nice for the added power and a new clutch unless you get lucky on your front clip then there is gauges and more I cant remember lol.... 5k is doable but you are going to be pinching pennies. I find that random stuff pop up all the time and you end up dumping money which was unacounted for, good luck though :D

p.s. radiator is a PRC rad... costs 250 for the rad and 150 for the oil cooler lines, fittings and adapter which i pieced from summit and ebay.... 5k is not happening buddy lol

another p.s. dont know the condition of your car or current setup but look into suspsenion too if that's not done, although its not part of an RB swap I would say a stock 240z with an RB motor is almost dangerous so you have to account for these things during the swap.

thanks man, i appreciate your words of experience. good to hear stuff from someone on a "been there done that" scale.

yea i got the r200

and a 260

still tho, suspension is maximum nessecary, but i understand the 260 came with heavier suspension parts. BUT i upgrades will be nessesary.

but let me edit.

my engine swap budget is 5k not the rest of the goodies. ie brakes, suspension, interior, tires.

Bored at work, couple of updated pics from the crest. Car is a blast to drive at 14 psi... the r34 rb25det neo turbo spools and feels very different from the r33 rb25 turbo, way laggier but much better top end fwiw. Looking for a GT30r if anyone has one ;)

37.jpg

38.jpg

no dyno but I would put it at ~300whp give or take 10 at 14psi. I am running a z32 ecu with a nistune board repinned for a rb25 with a z32 mafs and 525cc injectors. The tune is a concauction I made using bits of z32 and r33 data with my own fuel and timing maps. She runs almost perfect but I need to work on the cold start a bit, shes not a morning person lol.

yikes! man thats siiiiiick.

Where did you get your pan from?

im TRYING and Waiting to get a pan, BUT there are no more 200ZR rb20det oil pans!...that Nissan are making.

luckily i didnt but any thing, Swap wise, to begin an already Halted project......

i was considering the sr20... i know i know. the parts are really cheap, plus theres no oil pan involved to fit in the s30...if i use mckinney engine mounts for sr20.

my DREAM is RB!

but my Anxious mind is saying SR!

and i dont want to spend 1100 dollars on a homemade OIL PAN and sump.

Ya I heard about the oil pan situation, its really a bummer, luckily I managed to get one of the last ones stateside!! The sr20 is a fine motor, I had one in my s14 for almost 4 years and I had fun pulling 911s and vettes. I was considering doing the sr20 motor again in the z but Ive had a KA turbo and Sr20 so I figured it was time to try out the RB series since I found my motorset minus ecu and harness for a grand lol.