HybridZ

Radiators

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've got a Z running an all-alloy 4.4l V8 making high-200s h.p. figures. I'm having some overheating problems, even at say 60 m.p.h. The car is running a modified 260Z radiator, the core being three row instead of two. All other dimensions are standard. I'm pretty sure everything's OK (thermostat, water pump, etc.).

What radiators are people out there running that work OK? FYI, I'm in Australia so if you're referring to a non-Australian model, can you give a generic description, such as dimensions, no. of rows, alloy core/tanks, etc.

Thanks!!

I have a Griffen aluminum racing radiator and I also had problems until I got a fan shroud for it. I'm using a Hayden Semi-Flex 17inch fan and I had to get the shroud so I could mpull more air through the radiator... The fan blades are over 5 inches form the radiator surface, and that is just too far back from the radiator to pull any significant air through it. If you are running a mechanical fan, get yourself a shroud and this problem will go away...

Others will speak on the electrical fan issue...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest RON JONES

Zedskid,I just wanted to tell you that I thought you did a nice job with your car.I realy like the split bumper on the front.The eng.compartment is also done very neat.I think I saw it on z-driver?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Ron, yep that's the one. On the split bumper, I just don't like the look of the standard unit; it looks like the car's wearing teeth braces...... These came out OK but not quite what I wanted. Also, if you're ever thinking of getting electroplating done in Australia I can tell you someone NOT to use....

Guest mattrp

I also have a 260z radiator on my v8. I was noticing a little difficulty keeping the temps at the thermostat level when I had the felx engine driven fan with no shroud. Since then I have modified an electric fan from a ford taurus and leave it running at all times. I can drag hard, then stop indefinitely with no problem. I went autocrossing last weekend, and spent three hours during one minute runs followed by 20 minutes of idleing, no problem.

Matt

72 500Z

I must be the only lucky one. I am using a

stock radiator with a 475+ hp motor and

I cruized town & raced some people and ran

through a full tank of gas and i never jumped above 180 degrees! I am using a

weiand water pump and a 160 thermostat...

The vehicle does NOT have a/c to restrict

flow through the radiator... I am also using a 16" electric fan....