HybridZ

I must have been Hitler in a previous life....

Mikelly

Today, while troubleshooting the fuel issue, I was starting the car when the starter hung and started smoking... with the fuel return line opened.... I ran to the back of the car and unbolted the positive terminal just as the casing on the wire from the starter started to melt.... I called it a day and picked up my tools after sealing the fuel lines and pulling the other battery terminal... I thought about selling the ****ing thing for a brief instant....

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest RON JONES

Gee Mike,I hope your luck changes soon.I,m afraid we,re going to see a new topic posted by you;WELL GUYS I TOOK A HAMMER TO IT TODAY.But seriously I can,t beleave the trouble your haveing,It has to be driveing you nuts.

[This message has been edited by RON JONES (edited April 22, 2000).]

Hang in there Mike. You're going through more than your share of frustration. Relax and forget it for a while. Sometimes when you step away you'll figure out better solutions. I think you have one of the most sophisticated projects going here, and with it your're going to have more troubleshooting than the rest of us. Its going to be an phenomenal car! Good Luck!

John Scott

Guest Anonymous

But just think , when you do get it right, You will be our hero,,"HE HE" Keep on keepin on mike, You aint gonna let that problem beat you,, I KNOW THATS RIGHT!!!

Tony

------------------

74 260, early 350,K.B.pistons,edelbrock manifold,carb,and cam,202 cast iron heads.Let the transformation begin.

Guest RON JONES

After reading John,s and tony,s replys,I realized I should have been a little more supportive.I just hate those days when your trying to fix something,and something else goes wrong.Hang in there(I know you will).

Mike, have faith! Anyone who gives as you do is bound to get justice soon. In just one week of membership, you've helped me a great deal. I hope the starter is under warranty. If so they might cover the wires and cables damaged, and possibly labor. Some manufacturers have labor claim policies. As to the fuel problem I was wondering if the return line being the same size as the feed line causes the pressure drop. Aren't most return lines smaller diameter? It might have too much room to breath. I'm no HP or racing expert, but it's a thought. Good luck to you.

Mike, hang in there bud. My guess is you;ll have a revelation soon as to what's up. I know how it is when these problems keep biting you.

Actually, I've been considering installing a big circuit breaker in line with the battery to prevent a melt down if the big pos cable gets shorted somewhere between the relocated battery and the starter. Any ideas?

I'm going through the wiring phase of my project now. I'm taking Mike Knells advice and separating the lights/horn from the engine wires. I traced every wire in the engine and dash harness. A lot of work. Hopefully, it will help me stay out of trouble too.

Best of Luck,

Pete

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -

Pete,

I'm looking into circuit breakers as we speak. I'm not sure what size I'm gonna go with, but they aren't cheap.

As for wiring, I seperated my wiring for the lights, horn, and interior, from the motor harness. I can cut all my accessories on with the ignition key. However, the ignition key will not activate the engine, alternator, MSD, fuel pump, or coil. All of the motor electricals run off the Moroso toggle box that is mounted on the cage.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Mike...taking a look in the Marine arena might be worth your while. Must properly setup boats typically have a very large breaker between the battery banks and the dist. panel. There are 12VDC breakers on the market for amperage in the 300-500 range. You migth also look at a large fuse block. They are obviously not resetable but I believe they have a better efficiency rating. You will be looking at around $100.00 no matter what for a good setup.

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.