HybridZ

Dynolicious or G-Tech

• Administrators

I have the G-Tech Pro SS, (would much rather have the RR) and the iPhone 3g with LOTS of apps.

If you are wanting an automotive G-force measuring instrument that you can TRUST, one that will measure repeatedly, for the most part accurately, i.e. with data that you can actually use for tuning or entertainment purposes?... Get the G-Tech Pro, NOT the iPhone/iTouch apps. For lack of a better analogy, think of it this way. If you want a Wart removed from your body, would you go to a doctor that has years of schooling about the human body and experience using the precision tools required to do the job or would you go down to Lumberjack Bobs and let him remove it with his chainsaw because you heard from a friend that Lumberjack Bob has done it before? frankie.gif Having both G-tech Pro and iPhone 3g with those G force Dyno apps, I finally deleted all my apps in the automotive genre as they don’t even come close to being “usable”. Ghetto Tech Pro RR for the win, or better yet, some other dedicated software G-meter such as GEEZ! http://www1.pacific.edu/~j-lee10/Data%20Analysis.htm :2thumbs:

The G-Tech and other accelerometer based automotive data loggers/tuning tools are solely designed around one premise. They generally do NOT hiccup, stutter, stall, etc and the engineers that designed these did a good job at filtering vibrations that WILL skew the G-force measurements that the iPhone/iTouch just doesn’t do! Trust me on the vibration part! wink.gif

The iPhone/iTouch apps in this genre are only fancy dash lights that may be impressive to Ricers and are not reliably repeatable with enough resolution or accuracy to be deemed useful in tuning or measuring. Remember, the iPhone/iTouch sensors, hardware, and software that is reading the built in G force sensors were designed for generic usage and always has the Apple operating system running in the back ground which is not the most stable operating system. Sure the Apps software is powerful with lots of versatility and is up to the task, it’s that interface to the Apple portion within that gets all mucked up. Also, keep in mind, 98% of all the apps are written by Joe Blow on his Mac. Approx 2% of all the apps are actually written by large software entities that have the time, financial, and collective pool of engineers, “resources” writing these apps.

That’s my $1.98 on the subject. wink.gif