HybridZ

Throttle cable setup - Lockar & custom bracket

Savage42

Hey guys! I finally got around to making a nice setup for my car utilizing part of the stock setup and adapting a clean, simple way to route the cable on my LS6. I was contemplating making a few of the brackets in stainless (this one is aluminum) if there was any interest. The bracket mounts in the same place where the stock pivot bracket attached to the firewall. Let me know what you think.

280Z-06_Pics_292_Medium_.jpg

280Z-06_Pics_290_Medium_.jpg

280Z-06_Pics_287_Medium_.jpg

that look good i was thing of doing the same thing. btw can i get better picture of you hood latch ? it looks like you did some thing diffrent?

The hood latch was modified by my brother when he had a SBC 350 with HEI on it, so there was clearance for the distributor. It was removed from the firewall, cut to keep just the top part and then welded "legs" that go down to the firewall. I had the whole assembly plated and it's just bolted to the firewall.

280Z-06_Pics_286_Medium_.jpg

What do you want for one in stainless?

They would run $25 and include shipping, if there is enough interest. I figure it's a deal, considering a cable bracket like this from Summit is $17 plus shipping, anyway. ;^)

hly-45-229_w.jpg

I may just make one up for myself in stainless and take some pics.

Yep, should help adapt many setups that want a clean, direct routing of the throttle cable. I know I can get the stainless ones done cost effectively and may have a way to do them in aluminum, as well. I'll let you know on that one. I'm assuming that aluminum will be the preferred material, right? :)

Yeah, I would like aluminum. So where did you get the other fittings, the cable ends and the fittings to the brackets? Did you adapt the stock ones?

Yep, should help adapt many setups that want a clean, direct routing of the throttle cable. I know I can get the stainless ones done cost effectively and may have a way to do them in aluminum, as well. I'll let you know on that one. I'm assuming that aluminum will be the preferred material, right? :)

Yeah, I would like aluminum. So where did you get the other fittings, the cable ends and the fittings to the brackets? Did you adapt the stock ones?

The cable & ends are just the Lockar setup. I ground off both stock balls on the pivot bracket and went to a fastener stir to get the rod that goes from the pedal to the pivot bracket, as I didn't have a clean, OEM ball & socket piece.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments guys!! Getting down to the detail stuff I want to do right, as we all know what happens when you get a car running and you "back burner" the small stuff that you'll "get around to later". ;) The custom dash with the Z06 gauge cluster and center console will be unique, for sure.

Well, it looks like there are a few people interested in this piece. The cost effective way is to do them in stainless and I think I'll have half a dozen made up, since I've got a few of you wanting them. Probably have them done sometime near the end of next week. Stay tuned.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! I'm going to have a half dozen or so brackets made up in stainless, if you are interested. I know it works on the later S30s (ones with the pivot bracket that looks like the one in the pic), but the early 240s have a taller pivot and different swivel bracket. Anyone know for sure when they switched the setup? Maybe just a Series 1 thing?