HybridZ

New Wangan Midnight movie coming out this summer in JP!

LeX

10001123.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-26/wangan-midnight-the-movie-to-open-in-japan-this-summer

"The official website of Kodansha Comics has announced on Saturday that a theatrical film based on Michiharu Kusunoki's Wangan Midnight street-racing manga will open in Japan this summer. Like the previous television anime and video features, Wangan Midnight the Movie will center on a young man named Akio who salvages "Devil Z," a custom-tuned Datsun Fairlady S30Z car with a supposedly cursed history.

The film will star Yuichi Nakamura (Gokusen 2, Princess Princess D, Kamen Rider Hibiki), Ryōko Kobayashi (ZOO, Kamen Rider the First, Gamera 2: Attack of Legion), Kazuki Katou (Jigoku Shoujo, The Prince of Tennis musical, Kamen Rider Kabuto), Megumi Matsumoto (Ace wo Nerae!, Tomie: Beginning, Glass no Kamen), and Yoshihiko Hakamada (The Cat Returns, Iryū - Team Medical Dragon, Q.E.D.). "

• 3 months later...
Guest Rolling Parts

The movie trailer (once you get through the serious lag) translates to a September 2009 opening. Not sure when/if a general release would be done.

And WOW, they do a massive rebuild!

All the way from a wrecked 2+2 into a really nice looking 2 seater!

picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1309

Even in the junkyard it was cool. Stills from the trailer show it had ZG flares, custom front LCA's, 5-lug hubs, vented rotors, 4-piston calipers, strut tower bars, and a silver box on the inner fender that says "MINI TURBO".

"Supposedly Cursed History"?

It is cursed. It's the Devil Z. You never listened to Buddy Hackett's character in "Herbie the Love Bug" did you?

And yeah, cars like that do exist in Japanese junkyards (all the goodies there, just waiting for a savior...)

Guest Rolling Parts

It is cursed. It's the Devil Z

Yea, yea, so what, I have one of those "cursed" blue Z's at my house too! Every time I work on the blue S30 it gives me trouble. The rest of my Z's are all easy to own and fix. The blue Devil Z I have is cursed, sucks my money and time, and is always seen in my garage getting parts or work done to it. It's evil, but NWIH I'd ever sell it.

Can't wait for the movie if only to see the someone else busting their knuckles on fixes and upgrades on a Devil Z instead of me :burnout: