Photo
- - - - -

DNI 09 - Need to know which configuration

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which engine combination to run for DNI? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Which engine combination to run for DNI?

1. Alky Blower Motor (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Nitrous Motor (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

We are planning on attending DNI next month and I know we have a new look, have new paint and currently have my brothers Nitrous engine installed. After our post about the new paint and Pinks all out Zmax, some of the responses have been looks different with out the blower sticking out the hood.

We would like to know which combination you would like to see at DNI,
the Alky blower motor or The Nitrous motor.

We are hoping for a good turn out and I do not mind changing the setup back to the Alky motor but I do not want to go through all that work just for a handful of people who attend. Please be honest with the poll.

Thanks,

John and jerry
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#2 JSM

JSM

Giggigty Giggity Giggity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

With the economy the way it is, I would leave the motor as is and save yourself some time. Who knows who will really show up. I WANT to but I know my wife knows I don't NEED to. Darn logic is killing me.
1971 240z
1980 280zx
1988 300zxt

#3 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

John and Jerry,

You guys are too cool! I would love to see the Alky motor in that thing, but the bottom line is you guys...run what you want to run...we're all gonna love either one...y'all always put on a great show, so bring a skateboard with a lawnmower engine...:o) It will just be great to hang out with the "brothers Grimm"...:o)

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#4 roger280zx

roger280zx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationMonroe, GA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

I like the new look, I like blown alcohol, I will be there... surprise me!

#5 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I agree with Wayne. Its the people that make this event special, the cars are a bonus. As much as I'd like to see the beast in full fury, the Nitrous version will still be awesome.
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#6 silver bullit

silver bullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCayce, South Carolina

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

John, I thought it was all about the food, fellowship,and friends? With that said if Jerry has not made wheely bars or wings to go along with the alky engine lets just spray the eyes out of that fresh SBC!!!
P.S. Jerry bring all your jets and maybe a drill bit or two.

#7 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

John, I thought it was all about the food, fellowship,and friends? With that said if Jerry has not made wheely bars or wings to go along with the alky engine lets just spray the eyes out of that fresh SBC!!!
P.S. Jerry bring all your jets and maybe a drill bit or two.

I f the NOS motor is the one we run it will be set on KILL. And if it is the Alky Motor it will be set on KILL or dare I say (dare,dare,dare)It will be ready for a Big Bad WOLF.LOL Jerry
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#8 S130Z

S130Z

Shrinkage I tell ya, it's SHRINKAGE!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationColumbia SC

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hey Boatwrite, I think John is calling you out with the alky motor. I wish I could make it guys, I just don't have the rights to take off work yet. I hope yall have fun and take plenty of video!

P.S. I would love to see the alky blower.....but I have read some good points up above.
Posted Image
You know you spen WAY too much time on HybridZ when you have made the connection that Tony D and Ted Nugent are the same person.

"It's not turbo lag, it's foreplay." - SlowBoy Racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users