HybridZ

Couple pics- F20C (Honda S2000) 240Z

Z2000

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for being away for so long.. This is a short clip of my dyno tune session just after the engine was back together and running. The car accelerates MUCH harder then the stock engine was doing.

Currently I'm still fighting a cv axle problem (think I have it figured out now) which has kept the car off the road for a while, plus I've had very minimal time to keep forward progress.

Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the progress to date on my Z. Dyno tuning will come soon. Almost back on the road.

Picture090.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Hello buddy . . . remarkable job :)) do upload some more snap shots as you get done with your project . . . i hope this ride will rock on track . . . do let me know about some salient features of your ride . . . i am waiting axiously :))))

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can you do some sort of small write up, like not how to and super detailed, but what you used as far as mounts, wireing, rearend, cluster stuff. Ok I guess thats kinda detailed. Im just curious as to the wiring part mainly, and how you wired up the speedo and tach and what have you. Awesome swap man! I was thinking of it today and have been searching google for it and was supprised at the results I found.

Wow, I don't even know if Z2000 is still around. Most of your questions are generic to all engine swaps so I can tell you what I did on my SR swap.

Mounts: There aren't many of these swaps so you will probably be best off making your own.

Wiring: You will most likely have to do what we did with my SR and wire it up as a nearly separate system. We basically had a junction block to power the engine and accessories while running the Z components on the factory wiring.

Speedo/Tach: My solution was to use SpeedHut gauges. I used a GPS speedo and a 10k tach because I wanted better accuracy at high speeds as well as simplicity. If you want to use the stock speedo you will need a translator of some kind the same as the tach. Something like http://www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm and there are similar units for the tach depending on the direction you head. After crunching numbers I decided it would cost enough that I might as well get the better SpeedHut speedo and tach, which encouraged me to replace the 3 other gauges as well.

Differential: Even the R180 will hold the F20 power, but you might as well take the time to move to an R200. Personally I went the R200 open diff route so that I didn't have to spend about a grand on a mediocre LSD. After testing is done, I will be rebuilding it with a Quaife... but that is not a cheap solution. You can also go the Subi R180 route.

You might get some good ideas from the little web page I started throwing together about my SR swap (http://www.sr240z.net). I have a bunch of links back to HybridZ, but it's all in one place for you. I think a major consideration should be your budget. This is a spendy endeavor you are looking at undertaking.