HybridZ

Have anyone installed a VLSD into a ZX??

VinhZXT

Just like the title says. If so how did you address the half shafts problem.. This is a VLSD from an SS 300ZXT BTW. I remember someone put a VLSD from a 240SX into a ZX before but I don't know is there any different between the 300ZXT SS model and the 240SX VLSD. Thanks

I have one in my 79zx, I got all the parts at All Zs to do the swap. Everything was just bolt in. I believe we used the half shafts out of a turbo 83zx. I had to swap the flanges half shafts bolt up to and the yoke flange on the diff. So far its worked great.

The SS input shafts are different than the 280ZXT input shafts. If you use the 280ZXT half shafts then it becomes an open rear instead. Also the 280zxt half shafts won't snap into the SS differential. If I am not mistaken.

Just put the 88SS R200VLSD in my 83' ZX. I had to kind of merge two axles together or in other words I had to find a either a late 94, 95, or 96 Infiniti J30 differential for the stub axles and J30 axles them selves. I took the ends off the J30 axles and put them on my ZXT axles and put the stub axles in and just bolted right. Kind of alot of work but it pays off though. Heres the site that I got all my info from.

http://www.88hybrid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87755&sid=a4ea4180b8efd1370218379f5c2311a2

Just scroll on down to Part II about the axles and you'll see what Im talking about. But Part I talks about taking the guts out of a short nose R200V and putting them in a long nose R200 too if thats what your interested in. Hope I helped!

• 2 weeks later...