HybridZ
Warren

DNI Shootout 09 - ROLL CALL

Not the prefect weekend, but still it was a fun night in the parking lot. Wayne's and J&J's cars look awesome with their new paint jobs. Both cars have new engine setups that look very promising. The huge turbo charged 302 Ford Z is an engineering marvel. We had two people the drove down from the up North in RB powered 249sx and a Sonoma, what a shame they didn't get to run.

I made great time coming home. Hooked up with a black Porsche Carrera S about half way and we pretty much terrorized I-75 and I-85 :twisted: all the way to my exit, great fun. Note to self: Trying to keep up with a Porsche on the entrance to I-85 off I-285 can be a little scary. Thank goodness for throttle induced oversteer !!!!!

I made great time coming home. Hooked up with a black Porsche Carrera S about half way and we pretty much terrorized I-75 and I-85 :twisted: all the way to my exit, great fun. Note to self: Trying to keep up with a Porsche on the entrance to I-85 off I-285 can be a little scary. Thank goodness for throttle induced oversteer !!!!!

Heheh, You must have left not too long after me `cause that car caught my eye when I passed him going south and reminds me that I want a "Piss on Porsche" graphic. Hard to come by so I'll need to piece it together if I can find a decent small sized Porsche graphic to piss on. lol

Actually the guy was pretty cool. He pulled up next to me and gave the a thumbs up. When he went past I notice in plate had a Marine logo on it. He gave me another thumbs up sign after the exit incident, I think he was suprised I stayed with him...I was too.

Great meeting you and your son.

Heheh, You must have left not too long after me `cause that car caught my eye when I passed him going south and reminds me that I want a "Piss on Porsche" graphic. Hard to come by so I'll need to piece it together if I can find a decent small sized Porsche graphic to piss on. lol

i had a blast talking to every one and nicole said it was nice to meet you guys as well. She liked that we didn't talk about cars ALL the time :D I hope to have the z next time and maybe nicole will bring either the zx or maybe my truck again. I think i am gonna try to make the branson meet, i really wanna run the truck and see what it can do. Too bad i didn't get to talk to everyone but it was nice meeting everyone

Hey all,

Disappointed because of the rain, but great to see all the "old" friends and meet a few new ones. I voted for a replacement event, so maybe we will see each other before the fall...Glad everyone made it safe and sound...except Dale...not so sure he is sound...:o)

Wayne

HEY!!!! You're just jealous because you still have to work for a living. :mrgreen:

Hey all,

Disappointed because of the rain, but great to see all the "old" friends and meet a few new ones. I voted for a replacement event, so maybe we will see each other before the fall...Glad everyone made it safe and sound...except Dale...not so sure he is sound...:o)

Wayne

Warren thanks for all of your efforts in trying to put on this dni event . I along with most of you was very dissapointed with the weather and was just hoping for a miracle that just didnt happen. With that said my son Spenser and I had an enjoyable weekend and hope that maybe we could reschedule this event for sometime later this year. Just wanted to say to Garrett, Scotty & Nicole that it's always good to see someone especially the younger folks have such a passion for the sport! For the rest of you older folks i really enjoyed your cars, conversation, and look forward to seeing you all again in the fall?

I myself didn't drive down friday but made it saturday only to pull up to a closed gate. :( My friend noticed a white Z on 75 being trailered AWAY from the track at about 12:30. That should've gave it away but we still carried on and arrived at about 1:30. But hey at least I got to stop by Summit racing and pick up a few things for mine, and if the event is rescheduled for the fall I may be able to bring a car this time!

I enjoyed seeing you guys again. When I went by reynolds It looked like it was drying up but who knows how long that would have lasted. On a unfortunate turn of events 1 mile before my exit back in mobile my turbo took a flying CRAP!.. I coasted off the interstate to a gas station and took my IC piping off just to be on the safe side and have nothing run through my engine. I drove the couple more miles to my house fogging the entire city. :(

On a unfortunate turn of events 1 mile before my exit back in mobile my turbo took a flying CRAP!.. I coasted off the interstate to a gas station and took my IC piping off just to be on the safe side and have nothing run through my engine. I drove the couple more miles to my house fogging the entire city. :(

Wow, that really sucks Gabe; sorry to hear that. Good luck getting her back together! :-(

HEY!!!! You're just jealous because you still have to work for a living. :mrgreen:

Hey Dale, here is the link to the Sparrow Tail:

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt74574/pd1851177/S30_Z_CAR__SPARROW_TAIL__REAR_SPOILER__240Z_280Z_

Well that sucks. At least you were close and could limp home. Hopefully its only the turbo, although I assume that's expensive. Could have been worse, could have happened at the track and been devistating! Good luck getting it running again.

I enjoyed seeing you guys again. When I went by reynolds It looked like it was drying up but who knows how long that would have lasted. On a unfortunate turn of events 1 mile before my exit back in mobile my turbo took a flying CRAP!.. I coasted off the interstate to a gas station and took my IC piping off just to be on the safe side and have nothing run through my engine. I drove the couple more miles to my house fogging the entire city. :(