gallery_372_579_19959.jpg

#42 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

You haven't lost your red stick have you. Just kidding..... What do you mean my fault. Only thing I have been doing the past 5 weeks is body work, primer, and painting along with buffing and polishing. Well also had to put the car back together with Jerry's new Nitrous motor. Hell th car is to pretty now for my old ugly engine.... Go figure......

Wayne call me if you need anything, will be glad to bring it and help you out... PM Me for my cell number...

John

Hey John...I'm still thrashing (what a surprise eh) and it's your fault! :o) You will understand when we meet up...depending on when I get done, I plan on getting there mid to late afternoon. Everyone be safe and see ya there.

Wayne

Edited by Warren, 21 May 2009 - 06:17 PM.
Deleted cell phone number from public post.

No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#43 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

I should be there around 2:00-2:30.
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#44 280zx 2by2

280zx 2by2

I beats da cat to teh cookie!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationValdosta GA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

Is it still go? or are there "in case it rains" plans? because I see some rain in the future and id hate to drive 2+ hours and see only 4-5 Z cars... i would cry

#45 quicker240

quicker240

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationALABAMA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

We are just kinda wingin' it. I expect 1 pm or so also.
71 240z 408sbc,edelbrock proflo fi,w/p,alum heads,eagle crank,eagle rods,1.6s,6al,fuel cell,arizona z 5 lug w/wilwoods and coilovers. 10.94@122.08mph 1.61 60' 3.70LSD

#46 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

With that storm system in florida the weather is wacky. The news people can't really predect the weather anyway. The last I saw it was 30% chance and isolated showers. It will probably be nice and sunny for Friday and Saturday...... If not we will have a big party at the guest hotel and I will buy the 1st round.....

We are still ago as far as I know. The van is loaded, gased up. All we have left is to load the car in the morning...

See everybody soon.

John
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#47 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

John, thank you very much, and YES, it is YOUR fault! I'm too old to be working this hard to try and keep up with J&J, (not that I could anyway) :o) Sure do appreciate your kindness...should be good to go. I think Warren and I have the same goal..just wanna make one run all the way down the track..YeeeHaaawww! See y'all there

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#48 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPanama City, Florida

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

Short of a CAT3 hurricane we're there! Weather is tolerable, scattered light showers. :-o

#49 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

Sorry Guys...The event was cancelled due to rain. We can control alot of things, but unfortunately, weather isn't one of them.

Thanks to all who DID show up. We'll be making plans for the next (replacement) event soon.

Warren

#50 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

Sorry Guys...The event was cancelled due to rain. We can control alot of things, but unfortunately, weather isn't one of them.

Thanks to all who DID show up. We'll be making plans for the next (replacement) event soon.

Warren

Yeah, it was a disappointment but got to put faces to some really great people; enjoyed meeting everyone!

In case you missed out.... http://forums.hybrid....php?albumid=88

We cut a half-hour off our time going back partly interstate to 300 thru Albany and finally ignored the GPS once we got to Marianna, FL. :)

#51 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Not the prefect weekend, but still it was a fun night in the parking lot. Wayne's and J&J's cars look awesome with their new paint jobs. Both cars have new engine setups that look very promising. The huge turbo charged 302 Ford Z is an engineering marvel. We had two people the drove down from the up North in RB powered 249sx and a Sonoma, what a shame they didn't get to run.
I made great time coming home. Hooked up with a black Porsche Carrera S about half way and we pretty much terrorized I-75 and I-85 :twisted: all the way to my exit, great fun. Note to self: Trying to keep up with a Porsche on the entrance to I-85 off I-285 can be a little scary. Thank goodness for throttle induced oversteer !!!!!
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#52 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

I made great time coming home. Hooked up with a black Porsche Carrera S about half way and we pretty much terrorized I-75 and I-85 :twisted: all the way to my exit, great fun. Note to self: Trying to keep up with a Porsche on the entrance to I-85 off I-285 can be a little scary. Thank goodness for throttle induced oversteer !!!!!

Heheh, You must have left not too long after me `cause that car caught my eye when I passed him going south and reminds me that I want a "Piss on Porsche" graphic. Hard to come by so I'll need to piece it together if I can find a decent small sized Porsche graphic to piss on. lol

#53 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Actually the guy was pretty cool. He pulled up next to me and gave the a thumbs up. When he went past I notice in plate had a Marine logo on it. He gave me another thumbs up sign after the exit incident, I think he was suprised I stayed with him...I was too.
Great meeting you and your son.

Heheh, You must have left not too long after me `cause that car caught my eye when I passed him going south and reminds me that I want a "Piss on Porsche" graphic. Hard to come by so I'll need to piece it together if I can find a decent small sized Porsche graphic to piss on. lol

#54 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Great meeting you and your son.

Same. Btw--he created an account today: The_Z_Kid

#55 280zx 2by2

280zx 2by2

I beats da cat to teh cookie!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationValdosta GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

so warren is this gonna be a better luck next year thing? or are you guys gonna try to reschedule?

me and my friends Z's broke down in the week before today... weird how things work, might have been for the better :/

#56 scottyMIz

scottyMIz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1016 posts
  • Locationmi

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

i had a blast talking to every one and nicole said it was nice to meet you guys as well. She liked that we didn't talk about cars ALL the time :D I hope to have the z next time and maybe nicole will bring either the zx or maybe my truck again. I think i am gonna try to make the branson meet, i really wanna run the truck and see what it can do. Too bad i didn't get to talk to everyone but it was nice meeting everyone
rb20det powered sonoma
rb25det powered 280zx
rb30det powered 280z

#57 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hey all,

Disappointed because of the rain, but great to see all the "old" friends and meet a few new ones. I voted for a replacement event, so maybe we will see each other before the fall...Glad everyone made it safe and sound...except Dale...not so sure he is sound...:o)

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

#58 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

HEY!!!! You're just jealous because you still have to work for a living. :mrgreen:

Hey all,

Disappointed because of the rain, but great to see all the "old" friends and meet a few new ones. I voted for a replacement event, so maybe we will see each other before the fall...Glad everyone made it safe and sound...except Dale...not so sure he is sound...:o)

Wayne

#59 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

How true, how true :o( that is if I want to keep spending money on hotrods..

#60 silver bullit

silver bullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCayce, South Carolina

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Warren thanks for all of your efforts in trying to put on this dni event . I along with most of you was very dissapointed with the weather and was just hoping for a miracle that just didnt happen. With that said my son Spenser and I had an enjoyable weekend and hope that maybe we could reschedule this event for sometime later this year. Just wanted to say to Garrett, Scotty & Nicole that it's always good to see someone especially the younger folks have such a passion for the sport! For the rest of you older folks i really enjoyed your cars, conversation, and look forward to seeing you all again in the fall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users