HybridZ

KA24 swap...

k1evo2

I need the transmission for my swap.

I do have my NA 5 Speed 280zx Transission as well but not sure if it bolts to KAde so just sticking with its complete setup in my z31. Should be nice when I get turbo for it. As for now I will cut up some exhaust piping make headers and a Mount for Turbo plug it off till I can aquire a turbo and just clean up ngine get new seals chain ect ect.. Doing a hell of alot of side jobs in and around Calgary to fun this project. So far in two weks I made $1000 and paid all bills rent and my last large loan check $650. So I have just under $500 left over and still have some more side jobs So if work keeps coming in I hope to make about $3000 in the next month and a bit and aquire everythign I need to make a good

KA24DE-T Z31 =-) not many around from what I can find on net they are all SR20's but I'd rather have that torq Monster with a turbo =-) and 2.4L disp.

• 2 weeks later...

good luck with the altima swap. i rebuilt an altima and a 240sx ka24de. totaly different quality level. the 240sx ka has a cradle-made in Japan, the altima ka does not-made in mexico.

but hey, if you can pull it off, i would like to see pics of it. you will need to install the motor about 2 inches or less from the back of the block to the firewall if you want the pan to fit and the tranny to line up in the hole. I think your gonna have issues with the distributer mainly. cut a hole in the firewall and gut out the dash to make it fit. if you want it to be farward your gonna have to make a custom oil pan, and get used to shifting under the dash. you can always attach the transmission, (hrmmm i think its gonna be sideways if you use your stock oil pan....) then try to lower it down and avoid hitting the crossmember and the hood latch just for the S&G to see where it sits, if at all....

basicly, IMHO, you are looking at intense level of fabrication just to make it work with the FWD Mexico KA.

Or you could get an altima tranny, and make a rear-mid-engine setup! Ya, I used to have a 98 altima, cool, but i hated the limited clearance for the intake and the timing chain, not to mention the tranny...

check out my ka24de-t 240z build, its for sale. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149772

good luck with it!