HybridZ

You Guys Will Like These...Ole Skool VeeDubs..PicS!

slownrusty

Some nice shots there. My dad had a squareback almost exactly like the primered one as his first project car. He slammed and primed it the same way. I just found a stack of his old Hot VW's magazines too, so this brings back some good memories. Like the time I was refusing to wear my seat belt in the back of the bus and my dad showed me just why I needed to by letting me rocket across the bus and into the back of his seat. :burnout:

Aah, happy times.

Nice notchback - I wanted one of those when I was 16 - unfortunately they're pretty rare in the US. The old school vans with the flip out front windows are pretty cool as well. Thanks for sharing these pics.

Notchbacks were never released in the US so all of them are imported.

I want SO BAD to gut out a notch back, build it on a tube chassis, and modify a subaru drivetrain to go into one, then paint it that deep subaru blue.

I owned a Ghia of about the same vintage as the one shown, mine was a 58, when I was in high school. It had a warmed over engine with dual Kadron carbs and a transaxle from a 66 bug. The front brakes were the original size but the rears were from the 66 bug so let's just say stopping from any appreciable speed was a real adventure and could only be done once before the brakes needed to be cooled.

Unfortunately that car died an ignominious death when I was rearended by a mid 60s dart one night on the way home from work, to this day I hate Mopars because of that.

I really wanted one of those Type 3 Notches as well, actually had the opportunity to buy one off of a car lot in Spokane while I had the Ghia but couldn't come up with the money.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, brings back lots of good memories!!! :)