HybridZ

the big bore kit

260Zz

were can i find a l28 to 3.1L big bore kit>? thezstore.com doesnt sell them anymore but they said in the soon future they plan to restock who knows. anyway if they dont restock what other website/store may i find this big bore kit at?

• 4 weeks later...

There is a fellow selling New OEM SX pistons on Ebay...he just sold a set of 6 for $51 and gave me a second offer at $50...he has more!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270403208916&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBOFFX%3AIT

Then just to find that crank and 9mm rods. Been there have the T-shirt

It will be cheaper than a whole kit....IMO

Derek -

Thanks for your email. We take the cranks and turn them down, then build them back up with the hard nickel-chrome PAECOLLOY. The result is a crank with very hard journals and with the rod journals all indexed in the correct place. Please let us know if we can help you.

- Carl at PAECO

were can i find a l28 to 3.1L big bore kit>? thezstore.com doesnt sell them anymore but they said in the soon future they plan to restock who knows. anyway if they dont restock what other website/store may i find this big bore kit at?

Check out www.racetep.com

Knowledgeable guys over there with years of z-car racing experience.

Thanks for your email. We take the cranks and turn them down, then build them back up with the hard nickel-chrome PAECOLLOY. The result is a crank with very hard journals and with the rod journals all indexed in the correct place. Please let us know if we can help you.

- Carl at PAECO

What they're doing is quite similar to what defrag010 did in this thread: 3.4L L28 stroker

Similar 3.5"/89mm stroke with a reworked L28 crank. And then trying a .090" or .120" overbore... Quite tempting :burnout:

I would do a search on Top End Performance before calling them. I was not happy with my dealings, nor were many others

I have order from Top End Performance several times over the years and have never had an issue. Maybe I'm just lucky that way.

Paeco has been doing performance work on just about anything for... well, I got their first catalog in 1984 or 86 if that tells you anything...

They did a bud's Toyota 2TG head when nobody else would touch it!

They also do the cam journals and lobes in Paecolloy as well, with lifetime warranty on journal damage. Welding and offset grinding is as old as someone wanting to make a cheater engine....LOL