HybridZ

A different approach on the intake [lots of pics]

dwarlick

AAhhh, Thanks?

I'm sayin it looks nice and scary with that intercooler, like something else is lurking under the hood. LOL.

Are you concerned about movement for those holes where your intercooler pipes go through? I'm not sure how much the RB26's vibrate or if you're using solid mounts, that might make the body and engine move back and forth in synch with eachother so it won't rub, but it may make chattering sounds.

anyway, i put my RB26 valve covers on my 26 head on my bench for the first time ever today (i got them sent at different times), and then I thought about how clean your engine was. lol. made me kinda peanut butter and jealous.

I'm sayin it looks nice and scary with that intercooler, like something else is lurking under the hood. LOL.

Are you concerned about movement for those holes where your intercooler pipes go through? I'm not sure how much the RB26's vibrate or if you're using solid mounts, that might make the body and engine move back and forth in synch with eachother so it won't rub, but it may make chattering sounds.

If the engine movement causes rattleing against the rad support my first thought would be to cover the pipes in some rubber like a piece of bicycle innertube. If that doesn't work then I can alyays enlarge the holes I am not enthusiastic about that option. Hopefully with the noeprene bushings on the motor mounts vibration will be minimal.

Straight, the motor and tranny cost 5800 from racer98 highly recommend Karim. Motor mounts were 550, I/C was about 200, radiator 200. New timing belt, fuel system, gauges, AEM with wideband, boost controller MAP sensor, 600cc injectors, modification of pan and pickup, wiring, plumbing and misc parts including N1 oil and water pumps all totaled about 13-14k. In total its approaching 30k and I haven't touched the body or interior.

If the engine movement causes rattleing against the rad support my first thought would be to cover the pipes in some rubber like a piece of bicycle innertube. If that doesn't work then I can alyays enlarge the holes I am not enthusiastic about that option. Hopefully with the noeprene bushings on the motor mounts vibration will be minimal.

If it becomes an issue you may want to take some vacuum line, slice it on one side creating a "U" shape instead of the original "O" shape. Then put the vacuum line on the edge of the metal around the pipes.