HybridZ

Classifieds policy change, ALL please read!

BRAAP

• Administrators

Boys, Girls, Ladies and Gentleman, (oh, and you too RTz) :wink:

We just put into effect a new policy change for the classifieds as a protection to buyers.

To post in the parts for sale, you must be a member for 30 days AND have at least 40 posts to your credit. NO exceptions!

Also, We have been seeing a LOT of ads violating our classifieds rules. The rules are posted at the top of each classified section and clearly labeled; "Classifieds Rules - Read Before Posting!" So please read them.

For extra redundancy, here are those rules;

HYBRID Z CLASSIFIEDS RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. To post an ad in the "Parts For Sale section"' date=' you must have been a member of HybridZ for a minimum of 30 days [b']AND[/b] have 40 posts to your credit.

2. Use of the Classifieds is limited to private individuals only. Commercial advertising is not permitted.

3. This is for selling parts/product, but please keep posts to a PG-13 nature.

4. Please be descriptive in your ad title. Ad titles such as “Cleaning out shed!”, “Misc parts!”, “Parts Wanted!” “Looking for!” are too vague and will be deleted.

5. When selling an item, you MUST publicly state your asking price and location, or your post will be deleted.

6. No Bidding for items - HybridZ is not an auction site. If a seller posts a fixed price they must sell at that price and not turn the sale into a bidding contest. If a seller posts a link to an auction site the auction must be conducted on that site.

7. HybridZ Classifieds are used to buy parts/product. NOT to tell sellers you can get it cheaper somewhere else. You can place a lower offer to the seller, but statements of "being over price" will not be tolerated.

8. The administrators of HybridZ.org take no responsibility for the conduct of members on this forum.

9. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you use PayPal when buying parts from private individuals online.

10. If you place an ad and find later that it has disappeared you can safely assume that you violated one of the above rules.

No notification will be given.

11. Please give your ads at least 5 days between bumps. Frequent bumping such as every day will get your ad deleted!

12. After your item/s have sold, please delete your ad.

Delete.jpg

--------------------The Hybrid Z management---------------------------

Edited by BRAAP
Removed my harsh sarcasm...

My 2 cents. I agree on the 30 day thing its the 40 post thing that gets me. Take me for instance I have been a member since 2006 and only have 45 post. I visit everyday and multiple times a day and just don't post unless I have a valid question or interest 99% of my questions have been answered and are found in post from using the search feature. I am respectful to this forum and do not abuse it in any way nor will I post whore to get my post up. But hey your board your rules and I appreciate the site and forums you provide thanks you. lol that makes 46 post .

My 2 cents. I agree on the 30 day thing its the 40 post thing that gets me. Take me for instance I have been a member since 2006 and only have 45 post. I visit everyday and multiple times a day and just don't post unless I have a valid question or interest 99% of my questions have been answered and are found in post from using the search feature. I am respectful to this forum and do not abuse it in any way nor will I post whore to get my post up. But hey your board your rules and I appreciate the site and forums you provide thanks you. lol that makes 46 post .

I agree about the post thing as well.

As for the deleting old fs posts after it's sold, shouldn't it stay for future reference if someone wanted to dig the past of a seller or a car for instance? Usually when someone builds a car and sells it, some information is lost because the new owners don't usually know all that has been done to the vehicle.

I agree about the post thing as well.

As for the deleting old fs posts after it's sold, shouldn't it stay for future reference if someone wanted to dig the past of a seller or a car for instance? Usually when someone builds a car and sells it, some information is lost because the new owners don't usually know all that has been done to the vehicle.

I also agree on the post count - I think something like 15 or 20 would be more appropriate, but it's not my decision to make.

As for the second part, I disagree with that. I would say that most of the sales here are parts, not cars, so there wouldn't be much point in keeping the ads. Besides, why not save the ad of the car you just purchased? I've already done that with my soon-to-be purchase, and put it in a folder along with all the seller's pictures. Keeping all those ads, some of which are repeats or failed sales, would just clog up the classifieds IMO.

As for your reference to the past of a seller, do you mean like the reputation of a seller? I wouldn't worry about that, since if someone on here ripped someone off in the past, chances are they're no longer a member.

• Administrators

Classifieds and "non tech" forum posts dont count towards your post count.

As for the number of posts? If you are an old member with very few posts and want to sell something, then you had better get busy contributing or asking questions in the tech forums and get that count up. :wink: 40 posts really isnt that much and for us, if a flake is scamming you guys in the classifieds, good chance he will have weeded himself from the gene pool by his/her 40th post, before he gets the chance to take advantage of someone. :wink:

Again, this has been implented for "all" our safety, weeding out the scammers. spaccio.gif

Many other forums have instuted this same policy, some even more stringent.

This only applies to "Parts For Sale", not the "Cars for Sale" or the "WTB" sections.

Edited by BRAAP
Typos

I agree with the posts rule. but i don't know how efficient it will be, because i bought from this guy Turbo280Z who had 88 posts and he still stole 150$ from me(i was the buyer). And it isn't fair to people like above , who have been members for a long time and just don't post very often.

Scammers will always find a workaround and we can only so so much. This is just an Internet message board and not an auction or payment transaction site.

You guys can take any transaction to eBay and co-ordinate a "Buy It Now" purchase so only the chosen buyer gets the deal. Run the payment through PayPal and everyone should be somewhat protected.

I have made several purchases using paypal and you are still protected even when you dont use ebay.

You guys can take any transaction to eBay and co-ordinate a "Buy It Now" purchase so only the chosen buyer gets the deal. Run the payment through PayPal and everyone should be somewhat protected.

So this is the prompting of the bright-green 'forum rules' in the banner up top...

and the 'you need to click and accept' at the bottom of the page...

Was it a test, all I could think of was 'Oh, looks like they changed classifieds to being here for a while...' did I pass?

For a second, I thought I was being 'reminded' of the rules because of some malfesance! Perish the thought...

Gents-

For what it's worth, I'd like to chime in on the new Post Count rule as well. I'll admit up front that I've only been a HybridZ member for a few months, but 40 posts does seem excessive. It's a shame that the new rules became a necessity.

Obviously, I'll abide by the rules whatever they are. HybridZ is a great forum with a loyal following, and our Admins and Mods all do a great job on a seemingly impossible set of tasks.

r/jhm

Posting number... I've been a proponent of that 'elsewhere' with the number at 100 posts. 40 is not that much for an active, contributing member. Did someone come here to participate or just sell parts?

The higher the number, the more participative the member, and the more interaction others will have had with him (as far as that is possible online)...

Trends show up early. They rarely change...

• Administrators
Posting number... I've been a proponent of that 'elsewhere' with the number at 100 posts. 40 is not that much for an active, contributing member. Did someone come here to participate or just sell parts?

The higher the number, the more participative the member, and the more interaction others will have had with him (as far as that is possible online)...

Trends show up early. They rarely change...

:2thumbs:

Edited by BRAAP