HybridZ

IMSA Flared 240Z Norcal 80's style

sr71sss

well guys this is my first official Z, I have always had 510s but always lusted after this particular z, I was heavily influenced with the IMSA Z that raced in the mid 80s to early 90s...

Price was right for me FREE:p:p:p

Was built around the mid to late 80s and lived most of its life in the south san jose area next to IBM, can we say Bailey rd:-P:-P:-P

Anyways I wanted to see if anyone knew more about this car as I would like to know a little history about it

Conrad 650-302-5127

antioch,ca

datsun imsa 240z 002_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 003_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 004_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 005_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 008_thumb.jpg

almost forgot to add that I'm looking to replace the front fiberglass pieces since they had converted it into a one piece flip up unit which is a bitch to work on:icon_frow:icon_frow

any vendors out there for the original pieces

almost forgot to add that I'm looking to replace the front fiberglass pieces since they had converted it into a one piece flip up unit which is a bitch to work on:icon_frow:icon_frow

how did you get that baby for free

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=137494

There were lots of these flares out there, seems like just about every race team made their own flares and they're all slightly different, so the chances that these fit right up is slim to none. I would think that buying parts and working from them would be easier than trying to start from scratch.

Brian's parts are REALLY well done.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for no updates I have been busy with the brake on the car so I can get her driving again, I want to drive her to the June 27th Z show at blackhawk

BTW: anyone in the SF bay area have a airflow meter I can borrow...

Conrad

Awesome! As mentioned howd you get it for free?

I would keep the tilt front end, Id want to keep it somewhat original. As mentioned, you change one piece and you might need to change more if it doesnt flow right. There were a billion different flares back in the day and who knows which one you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance on getting that rear profile shot of the rear flares??? From my initial look you may have a set of Devendorf IMSA rear flares. Getting molds made of these and selling some could really help out on the cost of getting your car back in good shape.

The pic from the back would let me know exactly what you have.

Alan

Sorry for no updates but I have been working on getting her more of a driver than a lawn ornament in front of my house.

car last ran sometime in the early 90's i think

I did take some more pic of the flares

conrad

datsun imsa 240z 011_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 012_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 013_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 014_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 016_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 019_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 018_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 020_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 021_thumb.jpg

datsun imsa 240z 022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the rear profile photos. It appears you have the Frisselle rear set. Seen here:

http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/Datsun_240Z/index.html

I am partial to the Devendorf profile seen here:

http://zlalomz.googlepages.com/1154Mid-Ohio-1978-08-27-083.jpg/1154Mid-Ohio-1978-08-27-083-full.jpg

The white Primadonna car also has the Devendorf profile on the rear.

Looks like you will have a fun car to ride in.

Alan