HybridZ

Z32 LS1 project thread... questions inside

thanks dude. hey if you get that project started, set up a thread on here. im sure theres tons of people who would love to see it. good luck!

Ya I definatly will, i'm getting ahead of myself though, still have this z32 project to finish up lol, then I will start on my "daily driver" project :twisted:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1078919#post1078919

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, nothing new. school takes most of my time and winter makes the garage too cold (was just looking at kerosene heaters last night though). i have been saving saving money so once i get going it shouldn't take long.

i have been doing some looking around and found a great Z store:

http://www.z1motorsports.com/

my buddy came up with a great idea for the gauge situation too. we are going to set up an in-dash computer (basically a home computer hard drive and screen) and run HPtuners on it (we know a guy that has the program). then i'll put a small LCD screen where the gauges go and have real-time gauges.

if i dont get to anything on spring break then the beginning of may will be go time. i think aside from the gauges, all i have to do is run a radiator setup, close the trans tunnel, get a driveshaft, fuel filter, and exhaust. the worst thing in there going to be finding someone to make custom headers (you know how the steering column is in the way).

depending how you look at it, this doesn't seem like too much. of course there's inevitably going to be problems. :roll:

i will definitely have updates as soon as im back at it!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=287/home_id=59/mode=cat/cat287.htm

I don't know if you have seen it but this will let you match the signal for your speedo and tach, the 240 guys use this stuff if i'm not mistaken.

I'll be a guinea pig for those 66's. I think the way I have my engine mounted I could make them squeeze in the front of the bay.

• 6 months later...

it has been a while.....

just checking in so everybody knows we're still in the works here. i haven't done much since the last time i was on. there's 500 excuses so i'll spare everybody.

anyway, we mounted a battery in the trunk, we have as much of the wiring done as we can for now, the throttle cable is set, and we have the plans for the tranny mount and driveshaft set.

we had to remove 2 and 3/8 inch of sheathing from the stock z32 throttle cable to fit it on the ls1. not an easy process because the cable is wrapped with steel like and old pay-phone cord.

no pictures because there just isn't anything interesting to look at.

it is still going to be slow moving for a while, school is taking all my time right now but i'll b making a better attempt at progress. i'm sick of it not being done.

• 1 month later...

I had my driveshaft made yesterday. I got a full t56 driveshaft on ebay because I didn't feel like dealing with picking the right yokes. I was going to have the end cut off of the Nissan shaft and attached to GM shaft but the Nissan shaft diameter is 5mm wider than the GM shaft. We ended up putting a new Spicer flange on the end and it worked out great.

Anybody in the Rochester/Syracuse NY area, I suggest contacting Vic at Ontario Engine & Machine:

http://www.ontarioengine.com/

They do all kinds of engine/drivetrain work, good guy too.

I guess there isn't much to say until I give it a few trial runs...

This weekend I'll be doing more so look for updates in a few days.

post-6099-097666400 1300209421_thumb.jpg

post-6099-008860600 1300209431_thumb.jpg

Here's the poor man's lift...

We started working on the trans tunnel. Didn't get far enough for any good pics.

I have all of my pieces ready for the transmission mount. I'm going to try to get a MIG welder next time instead of the Home Depot flux core style rental unit.

$1000 to have my truck fixed today is NOT helping my situation either...

post-6099-003098700 1300767327_thumb.jpg