35 replies to this topic

#21 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

Well thanks. My first one was March of 2008 when Warren asked me if I would shoot some video. 40 years ago if you said I was part of the "establishment" I would have argued with you, LOL.
If we moved it to an 1/8 mile track I still go. Actually I'd go if it was just a motel parking lot Z meet!!!!!

You are too modest, Dale...seems like since I have been coming to these things (4 years, I think) you have become the "official" movie guy. I believe when most people think of SEZ shootouts and DNI get-togethers recently, they think of Deja when they want to see action recorded. So, my friend, by a simple matter of proximity and unselfishness, you become part of the "establishment"...:o) Sounds like the place you just retired from, huh?

Lots of people don't like 1/8th mile racing, so you are certainly not alone...lots of people do...everybody to their own...

Wayne

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#22 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPanama City, Florida

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

My vote/suggestion is have it at SGMP http://www.racesgmp.com/ on a test and tune day; it's very close proximity to the track and climate y'all have grown accustomed to.

However, I'm sure there are a lot of active autoX and road course members/enthusiasts that would be interested in experiencing that same adrenaline rush and comradery at the AL road course.

If a two-day event is not favorable due to travel/time off, could there possibly be a one-day event held at both tracks a few weeks a part?http://forums.hybridz.org/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=728

#23 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

The problem I see is their test and tune is on Friday night instead of Saturday or Sunday. We might loose a lot of people because of that. The fun of the prerace gathering would no doubt never happen.

My vote/suggestion is have it at SGMP http://www.racesgmp.com/ on a test and tune day; it's very close proximity to the track and climate y'all have grown accustomed to.

However, I'm sure there are a lot of active autoX and road course members/enthusiasts that would be interested in experiencing that same adrenaline rush and comradery at the AL road course.

If a two-day event is not favorable due to travel/time off, could there possibly be a one-day event held at both tracks a few weeks a part?http://forums.hybridz.org/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=728

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#24 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

Warren you make the call on when and where and we will do our best to attend.

John and Jerry.
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#25 280zx 2by2

280zx 2by2

I beats da cat to teh cookie!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationValdosta GA

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

lol Warren seems to be keeping his thoughts to himself although his opinions are probably the most important...

#26 silver bullit

silver bullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCayce, South Carolina

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Warren, I would vote for the next event being in the fall but will try to attend what ever date and place that is best for everyone.
Boatwright

#27 Evan Purple240zt

Evan Purple240zt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • LocationMadison area, WI

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

Warren, it should be held in Milwaukee WI. I doubt I can make the 17 hour drive this year.

:)

Evan
1995 240sx....
1972 240z RIP

#28 dr_hunt

dr_hunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

We will try to make it warren even though it's a pretty long jog.
SEZ 1.36 60', 9.84 @ 132.62 through mufflers.
Alb. National Dragway 9.90 @ 136.45 all motor.

I think I have just the right amount of excessive HP!! But I guess there is always room for more!

#29 280zx 2by2

280zx 2by2

I beats da cat to teh cookie!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationValdosta GA

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

Warren, we need some input

#30 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Hey Doc...as a Christian and retired Marine with 35 years in, the wisdom at the bottom of your last post is awesome and very meaningful to me...and no, I am not a war-monger, folks...:o)

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#31 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

OK Guys, after MUCH deliberation, realizing that it's getting HOTTER by the day, taking into consideration several different track's scheduling commitments, the need for cool weather (for the turbo cars) and several other contributing factors, as well as the comments above,

The new date has been set as:

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2009

The time will be:

NOON to 5:00 PM (Facility opens at 11:00 AM, First run at NOON)

The place will still be

SILVER DOLLAR RACEWAY, REYNOLDS, GA.

There will be other than DNI cars there as it's a regular Test & Tune day at the track.

We're still doing the Meet & Greet at the hotel on Friday Night. (The track will be CLOSED on Friday night, so come hang with us at the hotel). Hopefully this works out for everyone.

We really do NEED to get the attendance figures back up before we can even consider a private track rental or 2 day event again. Although it's not possible to please everyone all of the time, we're trying.
82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

#32 silver bullit

silver bullit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCayce, South Carolina

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Warren, I want to thank you for rescheduling the DNI event. November is Great for me I hope It will be good for others as well !!! See ya there.

#33 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

Warren, good decision...looking forward to seeing y'all there...

Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#34 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Like I said before I will be there regardless of where and when. Thanks.

#35 Garrett76Zt

Garrett76Zt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Good choice Warren! Should be plenty of time for me to make some "adjustments" to my Z. haha.
Posted Image
'76 280z - L28et (3.0 liter w/ forged pistons) - "Blowzilla" T3/T4 Turbo - 3" Exhaust - 70mm TB - SDS - 450cc Injectors - Custom Intake Manifold - Spearco IC - Meth Injection - STOCK HEAD/CAM
460whp 430ft lbs
11.248@124.17

#36 misterZ

misterZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPanama City, Florida

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:10 AM

OK Guys, after MUCH deliberation, realizing that it's getting HOTTER by the day, taking into consideration several different track's scheduling commitments, the need for cool weather (for the turbo cars) and several other contributing factors, as well as the comments above,

The new date has been set as:

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2009

The time will be:

NOON to 5:00 PM (Facility opens at 11:00 AM, First run at NOON)

The place will still be

SILVER DOLLAR RACEWAY, REYNOLDS, GA.

Sweet, we'll be there! Thanks for setting this up Warren!! I would love to bring my son's JDM car but prob won't be road-ready by then--it's still pretty rough. : /

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users