HybridZ

SU Out of tune??

• 2 weeks later...

I adjusted the float all the way up( really high fuel level)

Still didn't fire. But when I put my hand over the throat it revved up really fast.

What does this mean?

Also While adjusting the float normally I noticed after I ran the engine then stopped it to pull the floats, The front bowl had quite a bit of fuel in it and the Rear always had very little.

Jeff,

I said it before...disconnect the fuel inlet from you rear carb and see if you have gas coming...Make sure gas is going in the carb. Make sure all vacuum are plugged, are they adjusted properly?

Make sure the bowl vent is free...It is just a vent. Also, I don't see your fuel return line from the pictures, are you sure its there, is your pump pumping enough gas?

Remember that you need a return line (or a sort of bypass), and your lines need to be clean, not plugged in any way.

Maybe his can help...I only have 2 vent for the booster and vac. advance, but you get the point. Save the pic and Zoom in. It was not finished at that point.

31OCT2008014.jpg

Jeff,

I said it before...disconnect the fuel inlet from you rear carb and see if you have gas coming...Make sure gas is going in the carb. Make sure all vacuum are plugged, are they adjusted properly?

Make sure the bowl vent is free...It is just a vent. Also, I don't see your fuel return line from the pictures, are you sure its there, is your pump pumping enough gas?

Remember that you need a return line (or a sort of bypass), and your lines need to be clean, not plugged in any way.

Maybe his can help...I only have 2 vent for the booster and vac. advance, but you get the point. Save the pic and Zoom in. It was not finished at that point.

I have done all those things.

I have fuel.

chamber vents arent plugged.

I switched the the carbs front/back again, and the only rear cylinders fired after the switch. So It has to be the carb. I rebuilt it with the ZT kit (once and then did it again) The cylinders still won't fire.

I am out of things to do here. I have replaced (twice) nearly everything in the bad carb and it still will not work, I'm extremely frusterated.