HybridZ

280zx v8 mounts fabrication

hello.

i recently bought the jtr book for the conversion of my car but i have a problem.i read the entire book and i found the blueprints for the z car conversion mounts not the zx car mounts blueprint,its there anyone that might have the blueprint for the zx mounts or who do you think i should talk to at jtr to ask them to send it to me ..because i paid for the book and i will like the zx blueprint of the mounts too you know thanks.also more info i have a sbc 350 and a t5 tranny thanks

• 4 months later...

http://jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

For one their website CLEARLY states that the conversion is for the 1970-1978 Datsun Z Car, not ONCE does it mention the S130 chassis specification or even mention a 280ZX.

Your lack of attention to detail is NOT their responsibility they manufacture parts for V8 swaps into 1970-1978 Z Cars NOT 1979-1983 ZX cars.

Therefore contacting them for the "blueprints" for ZX mounts which they don't produce is assinine.

As far "you paid for the book you'd like the ZX blueprints ya know" maybe you should have asked questions first and paid better attention "ya know"

Your best bet is going to be to post into the S130 subforum and ask if anyone may be able to let you know where they got their mounts pre-made from or found the blueprints to make their own.

Sorry Admins if this sounds a bit harsh but he's asking for JTR to send him information that they themselves very well may not even have considering his swap isn't even the same chassis that the kit was designed for.

They do have a writeup of the ZX conversion. I purchased their zx mounts and they sent it to me (it's only a few pages) and said they were in the process of making a manual but I'm pretty sure that didn't ever completely pan out. Anyway, that's been years ago but as long as they're the same guys they're super nice and I wouldn't doubt if they would send you the writeup or sell it to you at a very reasonable price.

For one their website CLEARLY states that the conversion is for the 1970-1978 Datsun Z Car, not ONCE does it mention the S130 chassis specification or even mention a 280ZX.

Your lack of attention to detail is NOT their responsibility they manufacture parts for V8 swaps into 1970-1978 Z Cars NOT 1979-1983 ZX cars.

Therefore contacting them for the "blueprints" for ZX mounts which they don't produce is assinine.

As far "you paid for the book you'd like the ZX blueprints ya know" maybe you should have asked questions first and paid better attention "ya know"

Your best bet is going to be to post into the S130 subforum and ask if anyone may be able to let you know where they got their mounts pre-made from or found the blueprints to make their own.

Sorry Admins if this sounds a bit harsh but he's asking for JTR to send him information that they themselves very well may not even have considering his swap isn't even the same chassis that the kit was designed for.

Check your facts. There's no reason to get so upset over a post that's four months old anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just read this and my 1st thought is your an as*ho**..yep probably right