HybridZ

Stainless Gas tank straps for 240Z

jerryb

Great info!! Now I need to confirm which 280 set I just made and then get a set of the third version.

Excellent.......Thank you!

More info...The fuel tank and strap changed with the introduction of the '74 1/2 model. This is when the fuel tank capacity increased to 17.2 US gals from 15.8 US gals. So with what Nigel has said, that makes 3 different sets of straps for the S30. Just trying to help you draw a line for the different usage. I can look it up in the microfiche for you if it will help others when ordering.

Edit: The Gas Tank Strap part numbers 17410-N4500 (RS) & 17405-N3400 (LS) are shown as being used from 09/74 - 07/76. That pinpoints the use of all 3 different sets. Hope that helps.

These J-bolts are available for $14.00 a set at amhightechauto.com. if the Nissan ones aren't available or too expensive. The Mopar ones I have do not have the proper bend and they have a stove bolt square shoulder also.

J-bolts_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am waiting on feedback regarding fit on a 07/76 to end of 78 Zs. I have yet to obtain the middle series for testing. If someone can measure them for me (and provide a pic) I can have them made no problem.

I need a set for a 1975 280Z, can you advise the current mfg'ing status and total with shipping to 77070.

Thanks,

John

I am waiting on feedback regarding fit on a 07/76 to end of 78 Zs. I have yet to obtain the middle series for testing. If someone can measure them for me (and provide a pic) I can have them made no problem.

Jerry,

Let me know if these help,

Thanks in advance,

John

DSC01180_thumb.jpg

DSC01181_thumb.jpg

DSC01182_thumb.jpg

DSC01183_thumb.jpg

They were not completed as promised but I saw the components yesterday and they should be assembled (welded) today.

Will update the thread later today.

Appreciate the push John!

Jerry,

What is the status, I need to get these coming.

Thanks,

John

They were not completed as promised but I saw the components yesterday and they should be assembled (welded) today.

Will update the thread later today.

Appreciate the push John!

Thanks,

Read the PM but cannot reply for 30 mins... keep me in the loop.

Thanks

John

Got the mid series 280Z straps...in my hand. They look great and I apologize for the delays. It was a priority thing ...and ...I needed to make up longer strap blanks.

Bottomline...as soon as I obtain a test volunteer to confirm fitement they will be available for sale.

John...are you interested? If so PM me to review......

Thanx

Jerry

Thanks,

Read the PM but cannot reply for 30 mins... keep me in the loop.

Thanks

John

Got the mid series 280Z straps...in my hand. They look great and I apologize for the delays. It was a priority thing ...and ...I needed to make up longer strap blanks.

Bottomline...as soon as I obtain a test volunteer to confirm fitement they will be available for sale.

John...are you interested? If so PM me to review......

Thanx

Jerry

Jerry,

Enjoyed the call, will install and show a full documentation of the process, fit and finish!!!

Thanks again,

John

Right now Jason Im good. :) Got the 3 versions covered. Should have thought of you first! Right in town and all!

John is testing the mid year lengths and Bernard is testing the later straps.

They will be available soon....ya right, said that before!

what year do you need jerry for testing?

I have the red '76 280z (currently now inop, lol)

Tank strap update:

Well who among us does not love getting packages related to our restore projects?

Yesterday the postmaster left me the most impressive package yet, you guessed it...

My Stainless Tanks straps... All I can say is WOW excellent craftsmanship, and solid welds will insure the tank stays where it is supposed to be!!!

Please bear with me as I plan to soak the tank in caustic soda this week and the repaint it before I return it to the underside but I had to post some early pictures...

Jerry I will test fit before hand so you know about the sizes and can continue production.

Again I’m very impressed with the straps!!! But after looking at Jerrys car I guess I should not be shocked!

DSC01211_thumb.jpg

DSC01212_thumb.jpg

DSC01213_thumb.jpg