HybridZ

Stainless Gas tank straps for 240Z

jerryb

Guys-

I don't think he's still making these. I've tried calling, e-mailing, and PM'ing....no response. May not even be on this website anymore.

Good luck....I'd still be interested if anyone has any luck getting a hold of him.

r/John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.... I'm still alive and and am now back on Hybrids. Firstly I apologize for my silence.... I should have replied but I guess life got in the way and I sort of got preoccupied and disinterested in a lot of things. Anyway, I'm Back!

If you are interested I can still look into making more stainless and perhaps steel gas tank straps. I just need to review the project and see what changes if any are required.

Anyway... Let me know......

Cheers! It's good to be back. .......

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo....the shop that did the original laser cutting is no longer in business and my original dimensions (strap length) and CAD drawing were lost. I have the strap length for the early S30 (my 240Z) ...but I need the measurement for the other years.

To help keep costs down a friend as agreed to to make new CAD drawing for me this Monday but I need the various lengths for the different model years.

So ...calling out...... help me help you... measure the length of both your straps from the tip to the right angle bend. ......... just like this... www.forums.hybridz.org/uploads/3/7/6/7/9/17659_thumb.attach

Include the YEAR of your car!!!!...very important.

I have identified a new laser shop and they are interested so once I collect the various lengths of your straps I will get into action. The sooner I get the lengths for the various S30 models the sooner I can start.

Are there any of you that would prefer mild steel straps??

I would also be willing to make them for the 280ZX...... I believe the straps are very similar but of course....Im assuming the lengths are different. Let me know if your interested or know the lengths.

Thx<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Delete the "www.", and the link works. Unfortunately, it's a really small pic (2.2 KB) and not completely useful as a reference.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer stainless vs mild....but that's just me.

If I'm able to get time, I'll pull my straps and submit measurements.

Thx much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...