HybridZ

Installing the 280YZ Wide-Body Kit

AlwaysBroke

Yeah, It is an experiment with an already 25% bondo hood. I was wanting to figure out something unique and I thought it was worth a try. I think it will look alot better once I cut the front opening, cut out the existing hump and smooth everything out. Also Im going to cut it down a little, its a bit tall for my taste still.

• 1 month later...

Alright, so I finally have time to do this!

The kit is all roughly installed. I still need to dzus the front fenders and paint/trim/body work.

31310770090_medium.jpg31310770089_medium.jpg

I also cut out the quarter panels. I cut the outers along with the circumference of the wheel wells and the inners where they started to bend down into the quarters. I then welded in a piece of metal I cut from the hood of a honda civic (which is the only thing those are good for IMO :mrgreen:)

31310770091_medium.jpg31310770092_medium.jpg31310770093_medium.jpg31310770094_medium.jpg

And my wheels arived!!!!!!!!

17x11" Custom made wheels by BOZE Forged

and 315/35/17 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires

31310770095_medium.jpg31310770096_medium.jpg31310770097_medium.jpg31310770098_medium.jpg

What do you guys think?

The old tires are completely bald, but the wheels Im considering selling, shipping from out here would be rediculous though. They are 17x7"

Glenn, The dust caps fit perfectly. They must have made note about what size to use after you had issues.

The original front bumper was actually the early 260 bumper. I just pulled off all the rubber and compressed the original shock absorbers.

The old tires are completely bald, but the wheels Im considering selling, shipping from out here would be rediculous though. They are 17x7"

Glenn, The dust caps fit perfectly. They must have made note about what size to use after you had issues.

The original front bumper was actually the early 260 bumper. I just pulled off all the rubber and compressed the original shock absorbers.

Shipping should only be around $30+/- per wheel

How much for the wheels?

Looking good! I'm glad someone is actually going with the DZEUS fasteners instead of bonding the panels in; it gives the car a more racy look with the added benefit of very fast removal. Car is looking great and will be the business, especially with the excellent wheels--super!

Davy

I LOVE the convenience of the Dzeus fittings! I am considering filling in the gap though but leaving a very small gap between the panel and car.

That does look like the YZ kit, and honestly that car was the one that first started my love for widebody Z cars

Here are some pictures of the wheels mounted. No more battleship :mrgreen:

31310770106_medium.jpg31310770104_medium.jpg

31310770105_medium.jpg31310770100_medium.jpg

31310770108_medium.jpg31310770102_medium.jpg

you can see the bigger pics on the site in my sig.

Yeah, the coilovers are going to have to wait until I go back home in a few months. Until then I was thinking about cutting the springs an inch or so... will the spring rate be unbearable at that point?

And as for the bumper, It has all my dumb required stickers on it to be street legal out here, so I must deal with the goofiness of it for the time being.

Thanks for the complements!

• 2 weeks later...