HybridZ

Project Z31 600zx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Still at it. Cash is tight and time is limited. Had my PCM VATS/Emissions deleted by lt1swap.com to save time and money on HP Tuners. Engine is in and assembled, PCM fits nicely on the drivers fender/frame rail (pics eventually). Coolant tank from a 96 Saab 900 fits well in the battery tray (most 90's Saturn bottles will fit as well). Heater hoses are a bit tight to the intake, but doable. Hood is on and closes with over an inch of clearance on the throttle body. Cruise control module fits. Headers are wrapped and coated. Clutch is in and bled. Vacuum lines are in. Shifter sorted out (a bit far forward, but it will work) Down to the driveshaft, an idler pulley (f-body alternator setup would fit, but I can't seem to find one), some hoses, and a minor redo of my harness (original setup won't fit well and looks awful so I'm redoing it). I should have this thing running within a few weeks. Hopefully its drivable by mid summer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my first run in all is nighttime lame camera glory! Don't mind my mom in the background.

<video removed>

Doesn't seem to be running quite right, but there are no O2 sensors and the MAF wasn't installed. It starts stuttering once it warms up enough to trip the engine light. Found that the throttle isn't opening all the way either. And my steering wheel is upside down.... Hopefully the bugs will work themselves out and this thing will be ready by next pay.

Edited by i r teh noobz

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting on an exhaust, but I've been driving it anyway. About 600 miles thus far with no issues. Seemed pretty even with an LS1 Camaro SS (any mods are unknown aside from an exhaust) on a 2nd gear pull. I'd say around a 13 flat is attainable with decent tires. Not bad for what is essentially a stock 5.3. Hopefully some O2s and a tune will get me some more power. Either a cam or forced induction is on the schedule for the winter.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...