HybridZ

ka24de into 240z swap completed with turbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm now which one should I put my newly aquired KAde into hmmm My Engineless 1984 300zx NA (due to rebuilding it) or my 280zxTurbo hmmmmm

Cause then I have to ponder if I should swap the L28ET into the 300zx hahah that would just be wacky..

Opens the hoods

*300zx with L28ET (modified 300zxt ECU) *

*280zxt with KADET motor*

that should cock some heads to the right and the left

Hmm now which one should I put my newly aquired KAde into hmmm My Engineless 1984 300zx NA (due to rebuilding it) or my 280zxTurbo hmmmmm

Cause then I have to ponder if I should swap the L28ET into the 300zx hahah that would just be wacky..

Opens the hoods

*300zx with L28ET (modified 300zxt ECU) *

*280zxt with KADET motor*

that should cock some heads to the right and the left

less talk, more show!!! do it!!!!:twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a fun project! since no one has shown interest in purchasing it, I'll be the first! :icon45: how many more events do you have for it? and what will the asking price be?? [i'm hoping around the build cost :shock:] keep me updated, you can pm me, but I'm only on this forum about once a week. if anything I can pm you my contact info.

News! We got on Speed Channel!

Here is a link to the official Mobil 1 site for the feed if you missed it last week:

http://grid1.tv/#browse/media_vault/tribes?id=1_227

They flew in from NY to film us racing, then they sent the media to be processed in England, then it shows up on speed channel in the USA and other countries.

The car is running n/a since it was autocrossed at the last race (left alone since the Speed channel filmed it racing last month), the turbo kit is ready to bolt on (takes an hour) and i have a tune for both setups.

I haven't had time to get the car ready to sell as im starting my own racing series in San Diego for 300/400 Treadwear street tires. www.SDclubRacing.com Check it out could use some input for rules and always could use some help and sponsors.

We are done racing, i pmed you the info. and you are definitly not the first to show interest in this awsome turbo race car :)

I have both the turbos you mentioned, the front housing is large on the HY35, but the exhaust housing is smaller, very simular to running a t3/t4, it is not a twin scroll, it has a t3 flange. the WH1C has a twin scroll and is alot heavier and a little bigger on the exhaust side.

the hy35 spools up fast and at around 3k rpms. I love it! its been handling 25psi of pressure very nicely. they are designed for 30psi, and it sounds like a semi when i go! Way louder than almost any other turbo i have used or worked with! i just love that insanely loud rushing sound! :)

I forgot to mention: My sponsor, Aimco clutches, is offering discounts when you mention our racing team. I have used 4 clutch sets so far on my cars with very good results.

http://www.aimcoclutches.com/index.php

if you call and deal with Jimmy directly you will get a better price!

call them 1800-594-0825 ask for Jimmy Mention my name, Justin, and that I built a 240z for grassroots motorsports racing and he will give you a big discount. he is also knowlageable, so tell him your setup and hp and he will set u up with a clutch, they also sell lightened flywheels and Stock OEM clutches.

Remember you must talk to Jimmy and you must be very specific on what you need and the more polite and specific, the better chance of a bigger discount. haha!

For example, if you have 200hp then order a clutch that can handle more than that, not somthing that is right at that limit. Or if you rev to 8,000rpms, you gotta let him know. he has stage 4, stage 5, upon request and he will piece together a custom set if you need it.

Thanks!

My other sponsors are also entertaining different levels of discounts if you mention the race car.

www.e-mance.com for ecu tuning/repairs, consult cables, conversion harnesses, etc. Does work on many makes including Honda, toyota.. But mostly specializes in Nissan/datsun/infiniti, DSM, and Subaru. He is local to me in San Diego, and tunes my cars for better gas milage, turbo, speed govener delete, e85 ethanol etc. I highly reccomend.

www.mckinneymotorsports.com for engine swap mounts and fab work

www.Modernimage.net for custom decals and vinyl, they did f&f cars.

www.Grassrootsmotorsports.com call them up and tell them you like our car, they will give you 2 free magazines.

www.aimcoclutches.com call and ask for Jimmy, big discounts on performance/stock clutches and flywheels

www.WhiteDragonmartialarts.com if you want to be like jacky chan or bruce lee call them

http://www.yelp.com/biz/black-mountain-collision-san-diego-2 Black Mountain Collision, in San Diego, they are one of very few body shops I trust, and I take my cars there, and they can work with any buget. You must talk to Hassan, he is the owner!

www.Secorsauto.com A high class repair/custimization shop, highly qualified to do repairs on European luxury brands as well as Japanese/Demestic. Does everything from tuneups/brakes/oil changes, to engine swaps/drivetrain repair. Have the knowhow to repair custom vehicles and install superchargers/turbo kits. Validated Smog repair/test and exhaust work. Very clean shop. Local to SD. Talk to Joe....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are some videos of me drag racing some cars in the www.SDclubracing.com season 2 event.

Up against a 1970 Nova with 383 stroker. I have 400 treadwear 20 year-old, dry rotted, bfg "truck" street tires. Right click to watch in youtube and switch to high def:

This one is against an 850hp KA-T 1998 nissan 240sx Funny as heck! Super close race:

Edited by subtle_driver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got back from the Dyno.

I Guessed 250hp and I wanted 300hp after the tuning for the stock-longblock 150k+ miles, ka24de-turbo powered 1972 Datsun 240z.

The Final results were. 353 HP and 441 Ft. Lbs. at the rear wheels!

Final Crank HP with 15% drivetrain loss calculated: 415 HP, 519 Ft. Lbs.

www.E-mance.com tuning is simply amazing! I also am thanking all the memebers of the old Team Midnight Boba that helped with this! Thank you!

I got the dyno sheet posted here:

http://www.sdclubracing.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=19&id=458

I'll get some videos up and post more info when i get a chance! BACK TO THE DAILY GRIND! <_<

Special thanks to www.Mckinneymotorsports.com for your input during the build!

And Jason from www.E-mance.com for tuning this car!

and Jamie from www.Dynomitetuning.com for letting us use his dyno!

im very very surprised this car hasn't sold yet. If I had more money or wanted to sell my Z to buy another track/auto-x ready Z It would probably be this one to purchase.

Thanks!

BTW, I haven't put it up for sale officially! I just hinted at it. I had lots of offers, but I am more-or-less, taking "applications" rather than selling it to just anyone. It is a special car, needs some body work, roll-cage and a little bit of money invested in suspension to make it a unstoppable killer on the street or track. Right now it is scary fast, and has been reliable as well!