HybridZ

Check out my Hood Vent

280zjoel

I just thought id share some pics of the hood vents i cut out on a left over hood. I really did not think it would turn out nice but it did:mrgreen:. This will help out a lot due to the fact that i have a top-mount intercooled setup. Do you guys think it should be sufficient enough for the top mount, or should i add more vents?

zhood1_thumb.JPGzhood2_thumb.JPGzhood3_thumb.JPGzhood4_thumb.JPG

I like the it as well. You won't mind if I borrow the idea for my next Z do ya? I'm going to be flipping the heads on a VH45 so the exhaust is in the valley. Making high mount (in front of the engine) turbos much cleaner to plumb up. Ill be needing to vent a LOT of heat out of the top of the engine bay, lol.

Edit: I may ad some sort of louvers to the design. On another thread here it was mentionioned properly designed louvers help 'suck' out the air.

I like the it as well. You won't mind if I borrow the idea for my next Z do ya? I'm going to be flipping the heads on a VH45 so the exhaust is in the valley. Making high mount (in front of the engine) turbos much cleaner to plumb up. Ill be needing to vent a LOT of heat out of the top of the engine bay, lol.

Edit: I may ad some sort of louvers to the design. On another thread here it was mentionioned properly designed louvers help 'suck' out the air.

LOL go for it, I don't mind at all. I always look up info on this forum and I dont have a problem sharing my(or others) ideas.

Thanks for the comments guys, i took it on the freeway before i put the hood on and with the top-mount setup venting air under the hood I could not even go faster than 60 MPH(guestimate, speedometer doesn't work yet:icon55:) without having the front end wander all over the place, I cant wait to take it for another spin around the block. :burnout:

OMG!!! i LOVE it!:hail: nice work!

by the way where did u get the head lights??? and wat kind are they??

thanks

I got the headlights from ebay, and bought a set of projectors.(also off of ebay) Then I dremeled the back out and JB welded it together, They look really nice with the 6000k HID kit i got for em.

It looks great, but I'd forget about the aesthetics and tear a big hole in the hood to expose the whole intercooler core. Proper ventilation of the intercooler will give noticeable gains in performance.

Stupid question... How does your BOV sound I just put the same one on my mazda and it is quite at low PSI and sounds like? PSSSssssttt? I guess. LOL. (typing sounds)

Mine sounds like air rushing through a hose, more of a ppppSSSSHHHHHH(lol) instead of the newer HKS bov's which have a high pitch sound.