HybridZ

Rough Idle, throttle kills, l28et

L28et

N42 non-egr manifold

Okay so if you know anything about my swap its frickin frustrating. I've got it to turn on, idle and that's it. Usually it will turn on and sound beautiful but go to idle like its going to die any second and stays that way probably 300-400 rpm. If i try to give it ANY gas it immediatlely dies. When it dies after idling for a little bit i can hear the AFM flap clacking back to the off position.

My timing is 15* btdc and here's what i've tried:

I've redone all the vacuums from intake to TB and on IM but everything is clean.

I've tested continuity from AFM and TPS to ECU and they both check out good.

All injectors are firing perfect and are turbo.

Fuel pressure is perfect (around 40's) throughout the whole ordeal

ALL relays and electronics are fine but these are my hypothesis' (in order of suspicion)

1. Something to do with the BDCC maybe?

2. Something to do with the AAR?

3. Something funky with my AFM resistance?

4. Something wrong in my wiring?

5. I dont have a thermotime switch or water temp switch wired yet but my CHTS is plugged in and fine, however maybe just maybe that's the problem?

its been like this for a couple weeks and I'm officially F*******-***-**** pissed off.

and uh there's 2 versions of this video...i dunno why hahah

(low quality)

(high quality)

Open the throttle body screw or stop plate a little more, that should increase your idle RPM. Do you have an idle air control hooked up?

Oh, not having the thermotime switch plugged in is a probable cause as well. Mine got unhooked this winter and I almost killed my battery trying to start it.

Open the throttle body screw or stop plate a little more, that should increase your idle RPM. Do you have an idle air control hooked up?

Oh, not having the thermotime switch plugged in is a probable cause as well. Mine got unhooked this winter and I almost killed my battery trying to start it.

I dont have a vacuums hooked up and i'm not running any reciculation or emissions.

ALso I might add that I unhooked the CHTS while it was running and there was NO change in how it performed. One question, is the "water temperature sensor" as referred to in the L28/S30 manual's the same as the "Cylinder head temperature sensor" in the S130/L28et manuals and guides?