HybridZ

Desperate search for a certain cassette tape..

X64v

I'm looking for the album Overcast! by Atmosphere, on cassette tape (released 1997). It's definitely been 'out of print' for the better part of a decade, and it's not like there were very many printed in the first place. I seriously doubt any of you have this tape specifically, but I'm looking for help as to where to look. I've been trying all the indie music shops and used book stores in town, but how about some place online? Does anyone know of a website that deals in obsolete media like this? Amazon and eBay have been no help at all.

Already have the CD. I've also got it on my iPod which I play in my car anyways. I just really want the original tape to keep in the ridiculous 6 cassette storage area in the dash of my 190E. Plus this is like a fun scavenger hunt with only one item.

And I'm too young for mix tapes, I made those girls mix CDs.

Do you want an original? I have a pretty high end tape deck and could make you a copy that sounds better than the premade tape would.. provided your not just doing this for the case. PM me if it is something that would help. Finding a good quality blank tape could be rough though LOL.

Evan

Evan - Thanks for the offer, but the whole reason I want this on original cassette is that it was recorded in lo-fi (a 'bad dub' as Slug calls it; as if one were recording it off the radio in the 80s). This shows on the CD, but I want to see how it was meant to sound on the cassette (plus yes, I'd like the case). For the time being, I'll probably just make my own mix tape of all his lo-fi songs until I can find the original. If I can find a friend with a tape deck, that is. I don't even have one anymore.

• 6 years later...