HybridZ

Quarter Window Delete 280zx

Ok here's the deal. I plan on deleting my quarter windows, and either keeping them smooth, or adding Mustang (or equivalent) side louvers (to hide my pen camera for in dash screens for side mirror replacements).

Here is what it looks like with the ugly chrome covers removed...

05-17-2009038.jpg

Now my question is what will be the best way of going about this? Cut one complete piece.. and end it just shy of the regular metal (before window in door) that way i can feather it into the existing metal, or what would be my best bet?

windowdelete.jpg

agreed.. When i first thought of this, SteelToad (user on here) was already working on this. He made a different shaped window though, and i believe he had a body shop do it, so he might not know exactly how they did it. If it ends up looking like the photoshop in my signature does... then it'll look GREAT. I'll probably mock it up with cardboard first, and primer it to see how it actually looks. Thanks for that tip.

I was debating if i wanted a pantera hatch or not.. If i do remove the quarter windows a pantera hatch would DEFINATLY look great on it... Thanks for the comments/suggestions keep them coming. This is a big decision for me, and if i do it and i end up not liking it... I'm kinda screwed lol.

not really feelin' it. but i like variance in our zeds. once it's got some baller wheels and a nice paint job, i bet it would have a nice touch

mustang louvers might be cool. i don't mind them... but they are clearly from another era.

Yeah, thats one thing i noticed. It definitely has to have that curve to it that my signature has. that will make it all flow together better. Also, with the rest of the mods, that my signature has, i think it will all go together good. Ill keep playing with it.

Thanks for everyones comments/suggestions. After reading the comment from Mike_Kz.. let me ask this question. Does anyone know if the 280zx window is the same height as a 280z or 240z? Could anyone possibly try and photoedit a 240-280z quarter window into a 280zx? LoL You can see where this is going... thanks..