HybridZ

Mat's "Flat Black Z" Build Thread

Yeah, but BP has a nice camera. All I have is a cheap digital still Camera with Video capabilities.

I'll try to have my girlie take a video while I drive on Sunday.

The Terbeaux is super loud, I couldn't make that muffler I bought from Steveo to fit right, I don't want a 4" tip sticking out of the back on my Z. I'm on a 2.5" MSA DP to a 3" Straight Stainless Steel pipe right now. I'm hoping to find a good 3" ID SS resonator or something.

Damn Flatblack that my friend is one SEXY lil S30 i love how simple everything is i'll probably be using this as a reference if(or when) i get get up the gaul to swap in a turbo (i have one out of a Volvo 740 Wagon i got last weekend thats sitting around) where did you get that addapter for the oil pres. sensor? i can't wait to see this thing all finished up its very inspiring man!

~J

Damn Flatblack that my friend is one SEXY lil S30 i love how simple everything is i'll probably be using this as a reference if(or when) i get get up the gaul to swap in a turbo (i have one out of a Volvo 740 Wagon i got last weekend thats sitting around) where did you get that addapter for the oil pres. sensor? i can't wait to see this thing all finished up its very inspiring man!

~J

Thank you much, Zero.

Here is my N/A to Turbo swap thread: I mention the SS Oil lines [Got them from Pegasus Auto - www.pegasusautoracing.com] and a bunch of the other stuff for converting your N/A L28 to a Terbeaux!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=153195

Also to add to the simplicity that is a shaved '75 Intake manifold with a Pallnet fuel rail, and I have MegaSquirt which cleans up the engine bay wiring harness :)

Thank you much, Zero.

Here is my N/A to Turbo swap thread: I mention the SS Oil lines [Got them from Pegasus Auto - www.pegasusautoracing.com] and a bunch of the other stuff for converting your N/A L28 to a Terbeaux!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=153195

Also to add to the simplicity that is a shaved '75 Intake manifold with a Pallnet fuel rail, and I have MegaSquirt which cleans up the engine bay wiring harness :)

i've been thinking alot about possible getting a Mega Squirt i've heard they're relatively easy to set up and operate but everything on mine is all vacuum and stock :icon45:. I was reading about the different type of injectors on here (green tops, brown tops,) and i was just out at lunch checkin some things out and my car has browns on the front 4 and greens on the back. The greens look newer so i'm thinkin they were replaced after the fact but whats the significant difference i think someone said on here browns were for "Terbeaux"'s is that true? or does it not really matter? the cars runs good, sometimes better sometimes worse but i figured i'd ask it anyone had any info on this sorry to thread jack but you seem to really know your stuff Flats anyways thanks!

~J

i've been thinking alot about possible getting a Mega Squirt I've heard they're relatively easy to set up and operate but everything on mine is all vacuum and stock :icon45:. I was reading about the different type of injectors on here (green tops, brown tops,) and i was just out at lunch checkin some things out and my car has browns on the front 4 and greens on the back. The greens look newer so i'm thinkin they were replaced after the fact but whats the significant difference i think someone said on here browns were for "Terbeauxs" is that true? or does it not really matter? the cars runs good, sometimes better sometimes worse but i figured i'd ask it anyone had any info on this sorry to thread jack but you seem to really know your stuff Flatty anyways thanks!

~J

Well I'm loving everything about MegaSquirt, I say go for it! Better spark, control of fuel and spark... It's MAP [Manifold Absolute Pressure] based so you can run it N/A or Terbeaux without having to change anything but your Fuel/Spark maps, and if you blow of IC Piping couplers you won't be stranded :)

If they are really brown tops and not just dirty N/A injectors, then that's not good.

N/A [iIRC] = 180cc Turbo = 260cc.

Well I'm loving everything about MegaSquirt, I say go for it! Better spark, control of fuel and spark... It's MAP [Manifold Absolute Pressure] based so you can run it N/A or Terbeaux without having to change anything but your Fuel/Spark maps, and if you blow of IC Piping couplers you won't be stranded :)

If they are really brown tops and not just dirty N/A injectors, then that's not good.

N/A [iIRC] = 180cc Turbo = 260cc.

thats what i was wondering i'll go check them again but i cleaned them up real nice and 4/6 are brown and 5 and 6 were green there was a distinct difference. So...... i'm not sure what that means except that i only need the change 2 injectors to go turbo lol!

~J

Slight update.

I didn't have any work or anything this weekend and Arkansas played an early game today [We thrashed Auburn :)] so I pulled my charge pipes off to paint them.

I ordered some new injector drivers on Friday from DIYAT, they should come in early next week.

Here are some pictures:

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

Looks clean mat! How long until you start pushing up teh boost?

...and I've noticed something, the exhaust and intake are still on the same side, and there's still only 6 cylinders...

Sorry, had to.

facepalm4.jpg

Well... The car has to be running to turn up the boost haha

In order of priority:

* Get the MS to fire the injectors again [i'm really hoping it's just the Q1 and Q5 FETs], replacements should come in early next week

* Install Dropping Resistors, THEN turn the PWM off :icon56:

* If that doesn't fix my restart issue, try out the Magnecore wires

* Make sure I'm not getting resets

* Fix my wideband [getting fixed erroneous readings, going to try and play with the software like Fexicoker suggested], might have to buy a new sensor >_<

* Once I have proper AFR reading again, get the car tuned

* Buy my buddy's 35# SVO Ford EV-1 Injectors [i'm already getting upwards of 100% Duty Cycle on the 260ccs

* Finish my Exhaust [Currently 2.5" DP to 3" SS straight pipe :shock:]

* Try and get 10 lbs out of my T3.

* Take it to the track and break stuff :)

Find $2,000 so I can do all of this stuff:

Future Mods: Throw the P90 from my L28ET on the Flat Top F54, Meth, bigger terbeaux, EDIS???, MS3???, LSD [neeeeed to ditch the one-tire-fire], 240sx tranny, find a new shell because Flatty is a bit too rusty, drive up to IU to school Bawb's Merc with my non-crossflow awesomeness.

Super Long Term Goal: LS3/T56 on a new shell. Depends on where I'm at in my life in a couple of years. [i graduate with a Bachelors in May] I'd love to have a Terbeaux street car and a LS3 track car :D, something incredibly Epiq like Clive's red car.

just sell one of your cars and take out a small personal loan and go WOLF!!!!!

Nah, I love me some MegaSkeet. The car cranks right up with the push of a button, There is tons of support, many people are running it, I'm very happy. MS3 Seems very promising as well.

I'm probably going to get rid of the Zed31 once I graduate, and get a Tundra, Tacoma, or a Z71 Silverado as a daily. I need a truck much more than I need two Zs at the moment.

I love the Z31 and it's been great, but after comparing S30 mods and Z31 mods I think I'll just keep to the simple stuff. If the S30s get too rare and lose part support, etc. I might move on to S14s or something. Who knows.

I'm going to need a house, and a boat, either a Mastercraft or Malibu, maybe even an Air Nautique 220 or something, so I'll probably just stay with one project car while I get my life sorted out.

First things first...

It's been crappy, overcast, coldish, and rainy this week, so I didn't want to do a night run.

Got the car running again, so I'll try to play with the WB tomorrow. Chris gave me the Logworks software, so I'll try the thing flexicoker tried.