HybridZ

LS3 build thread. Z-VETTE

Guest NESS89

Guest NESS89
Not to "nit pick" but I didn't know Chevy made such a small engine. OH WAIT, the engine size is supposed to be 378 "CI" (cubic inches), or 6000 "CC" (cubic centimeters), right? :)

Yup its suppose to say 378CC, kind of hard to see in the pics but in person you can read it better, chevy should make a small engine like that that cam push 400+ hp.:)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just because its a 6.2 out of a corvette, and because i got it brand new for $3200. couldnt let that deal pass.

That sounds like a good, how about I give you the finger and you give me my one phone call. j/K Watching a little to much Matrix. That is a GREAT deal for what I am seeing them priced at new, let me know if that deal falls in your lap again. LOL

Guest NESS89
I don't understand. :(

Oh I see the mistake now. It's suppose to say 378 cubic inches. Every time I looked at it it looked right to me untill right now. Lol

Oh I see the mistake now. It's suppose to say 378 cubic inches. Every time I looked at it it looked right to me untill right now. Lol

Blame me! I guess it may have been overlooked for a long time, but I'm just a stickler for details. :)

Guest NESS89

Almost done, just need the exhaust and some last minute wiring, then Ill put the hood and front bumper back on and drive this beast.

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Guest NESS89
Why wait? A couple of zip ties and you are ready to roll! I still have an orange juice jug as my radiator overflow tank.

Lol I actually already drove it but because it doesn't have the exhaust the O2 sensors were being retarded and giving it to much fuel so it didn't run right. On my nova I have a mt dew bottle as my overflow. :-D

• 1 month later...
Guest NESS89

Alright, the beast is back. Finnaly the exhaust is done, wiring is 95% done and it runs like a straight monster.:mrgreen: Besides driving the car with the brakes locked up and not even knowing, (still chirping fourth) no problem getting her home from the shop. Now i just have to figure out my Tach and Speedo, all other gauges work perfect. Heres some teaser pics in my garage....

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Guest NESS89

Thanks guys! Still battling the brake issue, havnt figured out why my brakes keep locking up. Since I dont have school this week im planning on working on the brakes and do some wire-looming. More picks to come. Oh and if i fix the brake issue I will drive her on Sat.

• 1 month later...

Alright so its been a while since i updated the status on my build so ill post up some new pics. Drove the car for like two months, enjoying the power the motor makes. Then I parked it in my garage to do the suspension and decided to just tear the whole drivetrain out of it. We pulled the exhaust out, the diff, all the mounts, sway bars, brakes and suspension. I welded up the Ground control coilovers and painted them all up. And today was my early christmas, received the Arizona Z brakes kit, six piston calipers and slotted drilled rotors. Ready for buisness.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg