HybridZ

More than one z31 hub? (pics)

I got each hub from a different source and they appear to be slightly different. The hub on the right had a seal with a lip and the one on the left used a seal that went flush with the edge, that seal appears to work on both hubs and the seal with a lip will not. Will I have any problems running these hubs on an s30 as far as offset and the hub seal are concerned?

Picture or Video 025_thumb.JPG

I have a set each of these as well. The one on the left is the earlier 5 bolt hub, I believe. I intend to use the later style to the right. A ring will be machined to pressed over that lip and tacked into place. The ring will be machined to accept a stock S30 oil seal and place it in the correct relationship to the spindle.

Well I picked up two new seals which are the flush seated type and installed both hubs. Both seam to drag a little but I'm thinking it's the seals and they'll wear in some as I drive it. Both appear to have the exact same offset as my wheel is probally 1/16" from the strut on both sides! Ezzzz that sounds like a great idea and probally will work better but I'm gonna try this out first and see how it does.