HybridZ

l28 into buggy stock wiring questions.

So Basicaly me and a few friends are putting an l28 out of a 78 280z into a sand buggy frame thingy... Real discriptive I know.

Anyways, the wiring harness that came with the engine has been cut a bit, and I dont have any stock wiring leftover from my car to compare this new harness too so I have a few questions on what certain plugs / wires are for.

These two plugs are done by the firewall.. what hare they for, I totaly blanked on stock wiring... if they arnt needed to run the engine let me know, thanks.

100_0228.jpg

These are a bunch of wires just inside of the firewall, Im guessing they went up under the dash and thats why they were cut, gauges? power to the ECU idk, hard to tell I know but any ideas you have will be helpful.

100_0232.jpg

These two plugs are off on a long strand of wire , Im thinking they go over by the battery in a stock Z, but I dont know what they are for.

100_0235.jpg

Cool project. Just wondering why are you working on the wiring when the engine isnt even mounted yet...

Also I think your gonna have a really nose heavy buggy.

Yeah we are waiting for the custom drivshaft to be finished and trying to get everything else done while we wait.

As for weight distribution it shouldnt be TO bad... we are trying to mount the engine as far back as we can, and the driver, gas, radiator, Diff, and brakes will all be in the back. it will be fun either way thats for sure.