HybridZ

First Drive, LS2 V8 Miata

Thanks again guys, Great Cars, Great Comments!

My thinking as to the LSX versus Ford 5.0 decision back when I started, my son-in-law had an engine shop specializing in LSX engines. I'd personally worked on probably over 100 of them (comfort factor).

My logic; my Ford buddies with V8 Miatas worked extremely hard to see 400 RWHP with extensive mods, also potentially compromising reliablity. I liked the idea of 400 HP from a "Stock" engine, with a warranty, on pump unleaded gas as a "Starting" point. Today, a 454 cubic inch LSX with 650 HP, 600 Ft.Lb. torque version of my engine is available as a Crate Engine, complete and occupying the same space as my current LS2 underhood.

Technological advancements keep coming in the GM Gen IV engine platform and beyond, the Ford 5.0 undeniably represents the past.

My opinions, I'm sure everyone's got their perspectives too.

Here, this will stir it up! The block is a GM LS with 6 bolt billet steel caps on it. The head is a complete AFR.:ugg:

I'm chuckling because you can't get 2 GM engineers to agree on LSX engine weights and in what configurations, let alone 2 GM and 2 Ford engineers to ALL agree on what their perspective V8 products weigh.:beatdeadh

It's like politics, somebody's always lying, so the best thing to do is weigh them yourself. I have and I ain't talkin', if I did, next thing you know you'd wanta start arguing about big turbos.:wink:

LS engine block_thumb.jpg

LS engine AFR Head_thumb.jpg

Mc Cabe Turbo_thumb.jpg