HybridZ

700r4 converter lock up

I have a 700r4 hooked up to the back of a sbc 327. I have been told that I can have an electrical converter lock up. But, what exactly is a converter lock up? I don't understand exactly what that does and how it works. Does it just mean that the transmission does not use overdrive. I figure this would be good for drag racing and towing applications. Is that correct?

Here is a wiring diagram I found for the converter lock up on the 700r4

http://www.700r4.com/tech/tcc/relay_install/diagram.shtml

Why does it run into the brake circuit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

if your 700r4 is a factory lock up trans then u have to use a lock up converter to match the trans and wire it to actually function otherwise u will be replacing your trans. i promise, been there done that with a retard who decided to disconnect the wiring for the 700 in my 87 t/a before i purchased it and it wasnt a smart decision.

• Administrators

if your 700r4 is a factory lock up trans then u have to use a lock up converter to match the trans and wire it to actually function otherwise u will be replacing your trans. i promise, been there done that with a retard who decided to disconnect the wiring for the 700 in my 87 t/a before i purchased it and it wasnt a smart decision.

Please be sure to read the forum rules. IM style text short cuts are not allowed and basic sentence structure such as capitalization and punctuation must be used. We don't expect college level grammar, but we do expect an effort towards grade school level sentence structure.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...