HybridZ

Feedback on Billet Aluminum Pulleys for the L28?

slownrusty

Gang - Any of you guys using Billet Aluminum pulleys on your L28 (specifically the Crank pulley, idlers and the accessory pulleys) - what is the feedback? I only know of one seller fabricating L28 billet pulleys currently (possibly MSA sells them too?).

Thanks - Yasin

The general consensus is to run whatever you want as long as the crank pulley is a damper (not solid billet).

I know there are different sizes of pulley's available, and according to a local guy, Rebello sell's a race only setup that has trouble with either charging or water flow at low RPMs (hence the race only part, but I can't remember which of the two). They also sell a streetable setup.

I had peaco do a billet aluminum crank pully for me. I decided against that part when I really thought about it. You do need a damper on the L28 no question about it. I have seen a few guys running a billet part, but I never wanted the problems it could pose for my application.

I built both of the idler pullies for the belts. I have the standard 1/2" belt for the power steering and that part has worked out very well. I also did the old style 5/8" for the A/C and that part broke. I think I can do another part and make it not break. But I have other things that are more important at the moment.

The aluminum idlers are good in my opinion, and they are not to hard to make.