HybridZ

vg33et 240z

This thread has gone all over the place....

I think you need to find another Z. This Z and you seem to have a very rocky relationship, and neither of you seems to know where it is going at any point. Sure, its fun ahh.. driving her, all the time, but are you going anywhere with the car?

I'm just saying, *if* she goes for some awful reason.. maybe it was just time to poop or get off the pot.

Yeah, I know. the whole goal changing thing was more from me and my constantly changing budget/time, if that red z31T I bought wasnt so clean, I would have stuck that motor in her. One day, I will have a built vg33et track 240z.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're here BSing anyhow, mind if I threadjack so much as to ask if there are much differences between the vg sohc heads? we've got some single cam heads and my brother has a 98 pathfinder with a vg33 and although the context was "no, the heads are almost definitely not warped," we were wondering if the heads would be easily swappable. Short answer is fine :)

Since we're here BSing anyhow, mind if I threadjack so much as to ask if there are much differences between the vg sohc heads? we've got some single cam heads and my brother has a 98 pathfinder with a vg33 and although the context was "no, the heads are almost definitely not warped," we were wondering if the heads would be easily swappable. Short answer is fine :)

Stick with the 33's heads, they use bigger studs and have bigger coolant passages, while you will have to modify the ports in the 30's heads to use them on a 33's block.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, motor is running, car is driving. I dont know what shape the fuel system is in so its running out of a gas can. Found out it has a 71A 5 speed and the car is more or less untouched. Gotta bleed the brakes some more then it can drive across town to the shop!