HybridZ

Welp.. Im building a Rotisserie from Engine Stands.. **Pics**

to be honest it takes quite a bit of force to rotate the car.. well.. at least keep the car steady.. i guess I am tensing up my muscles to prevent the car from rolling too fast.

It looks like you still have a lot of stuff bolted to the shell. Taking some of that stuff off will help. You can add counter weights so that it is less top or bottom heavy, a la zlalomz.

DSC07565.jpg

DSC07564.jpg

DSC07566.jpg

I'm very proud of being able to do this by myself!! Its pretty astonishing to see a car upside down!!! The neighbors keep coming up trying to talk to me about it lol.

I sat in my garage for about an hour just staring at it with a nice cold beer. haha.

Oh and I cleaned my garage *hears clapping in the backround*

PS - dont ask about the rear engine stand.. the diagonal support bar has extra steel welded all around it .. cause I ran short of tubing.. so I improvised lol.

I'm very proud of being able to do this by myself!! Its pretty astonishing to see a car upside down!!! The neighbors keep coming up trying to talk to me about it lol.

My next door neighbor, a sweet little 80 year old lady, loved my rotisserie (and the Z). Every time we have some type of get together here everyone gets a trip to the garage to check it out. I have yet to show it to someone who failed to be impressed, and yes, I still think it's cool as hell a couple years later...

Glad to see you got it flipped all the way. Especially for things like subframe connectors, that really helps.

oh my lol..

it looks like it!! but its not.

I'll take another picture when I get home. I purposely made the bracket that way with the 1x1 tubing at an angle into the 2x2 tubing. I was trying to get the 2x2 as horizontal and flat as possible.

I know its not the best design.. but its holding.

Ill take a close up picture when I get home =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it kinda funny reading this post I was at a old farm auction this past weekend and saw a home made rotisserie go for about 40 bucks. I was bidding on it myself until my wife asking me what i was doing:sad::-(. Said i had enough junk at the house. :ass::ass:. Does anyone else have this problem? LOL wifes just dont understand

Yes, in this hobby, wife management is very important.I consider myself as something as an expert, since I've been married twice. If your wife says you have too much junk, you need to get some really large rubbermaid bins, and put your stuff in them. A wife will complain endlessly about a garage half full of stuff but not utter a peep about a garage completely full of large rubbermaid bins, especially if the bins are blue.

Yes, in this hobby, wife management is very important.I consider myself as something as an expert, since I've been married twice. If your wife says you have too much junk, you need to get some really large rubbermaid bins, and put your stuff in them. A wife will complain endlessly about a garage half full of stuff but not utter a peep about a garage completely full of large rubbermaid bins, especially if the bins are blue.

:o

will have to keep that in mind. i have been wanting to clean the garage up anyway.