HybridZ

Crashed into a wall lastnight

if its not tweaked behind the firewall, why not tube out the front?
That is easier said than done. I don't think anyone "just" tubes out the front. That takes a lot of a) time and skill or B) money.

On the other hand, I agree. If he has the time/skills/money, I think that would be the best route.

That is how my car looked when I decided to cut the front off and build a tube chassis. It definitely takes a lot of time, effort and skill.

If the car is as nice as it looks, the chassis should be sold cheap to someone who wants to undertake the project. It would be a shame to let it get crushed.

That's rough. At least you're alright. And for what it's worth, it takes a real man to admit he F'd up runnin' bald tires etc. instead of making excuses. Best of luck.

+1, sucks for you but at least you can take your own responsibility.

Is the rest of the car as nice as it looks?

Glad you're alright man (or atleast good enough to be out of the hospital and posting).

I'm going to agree with what people have said already: if the rear is still pretty much ok, tube it (or sell it to someone that will).

And maybe it's just me, but it looks like it was primarily the right front that was messed up, correct?

Thanks for all of the posts. I think the trauma of loosing my baby is starting to kick in. I wasn't injured from the crash thankfully. Tube framed front end would be sick but im really low on cash. Im thinking of getting another Z thats missing an engine and just swapping it. This car has got some pretty sweet goodies to go on the next on.

Ben

Awe man, that's harsh, Seeing the engine at that angle, I would not be suprised if you had a bit of damage behind the firewall. Hopefully you had good antique car insurance. I'm glad you weren't hurt. So, what was your VIN, I can tell it was and early Z, but I'd assume 74' due to the plate. If you part it, I might be interrested in that steering wheel. maybe seats...

Engine at what angle? Looking at the hood latch, it doesn't look like the engine moved at all....But the angle the Z is resting at makes it kinda hard to tell

From the look of it I think the front engine moved slightly to the left (driver side) which I think, makes sense since the impact generated at an angle on right side.