HybridZ

RB25DET swap into 510

rosecityromper

Hey guys,

Im new to this site and I dont know if I registered for the right one for this type of question...

Im a big vw guy and have done many different types of swaps. I decided I wanted to do something a little different now and bought a 71 2 door 510. alot of people have done the sr20 swaps into them and thats not really the route I want to go. I have my heart set on the NEO 6 rb25det engine. Im going to do this swap no matter what, but instead of jumping into this project blindly, I want to know if there is anything I should be prepared for. any advice goes a long way, and I ask kindly not to try to sway me to do a different engine. thanks guys and Im happy to be a part of your community!

I hope you've got good fab skills, you're already going to have a nose heavy car and the 510 engine bay is small as it is, You're going to have to section the firewall just to get that big beast to fit. You're probably going to have to do a pretty substantial amount of work to the trans tunnel to get that big ol' RB25 trans to fit, and I'd definitely look hard at a R200 up rear, you can kiss that R160 good bye with anything but a stock RB.

Very much not the option I'd go for anything but goin' fast in a striaght line, but it'll be cool no mater what, so go for it. Pics are a must.

There are a bunch of guys in the portland area, so you're in luck as far as knowledge goes.

this is a project my dad and I are tacking considering its his 510 I bought from him and hes VERY good at fabricating due to the fact hes been doing it for close to 25 years. No issue there. and you said something about it being an advantage that Im in portland... would you know of any shops I could contact if I dont get the answers im looking for on this forum? and yes Im not looking into taking this to a track, I just want a new project:)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...