HybridZ

Z45 Warning! Tons of pics.

zmech

Yes a clear window in the hood would be the bomb but I would need to do some dress up like the Audi above.

Drive185mph, I think you meant patience. And it did take some of that. Most of the time I just walk away when I am not thinking right. It is better to think and do with a level head.

Your car looks awsome. I was there at MSA. I pulled up behind you in line in a Tundra pulling my 1972 240Z that had 2 miles on it since a bare metal restoration. You informed me were to park the truck. I checked out your car and thought that the motor looked like a factory install. The way the car should have been available from the factory. Great job. Enjoyed checking your car out. I thought it was the most interesting car there, beautiful, purposful.:burnout:

17436_thumb.attach

Yeah, I remember you. That is a very sweet 240Z you have BTW. I would love to get one of those to add to the collection however, the wife would kill me if I added another car.

Yeah. I am still building, as if that is anything new to anyone with a Z. Will find me a Procharger someday for a decent price and then attempt to fabricate it into the engine bay also. Then the LSD and I MAY be done with it for a bit.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the build thread.

Your car looks awsome. I was there at MSA. I pulled up behind you in line in a Tundra pulling my 1972 240Z that had 2 miles on it since a bare metal restoration. You informed me were to park the truck. I checked out your car and thought that the motor looked like a factory install. The way the car should have been available from the factory. Great job. Enjoyed checking your car out. I thought it was the most interesting car there, beautiful, purposful.:burnout:

Decided to start making up an engine torque damper. So I dug out the old box spare urethane parts. Hmm, let's see what we have here. Hey this will work. So I am using the urethane that is normally used on the front tension rods for the 84-86 300zx. Found some aluminum pipe that the bushing would just press into and cut it in the correct length. Welded on a smaller aluminum pipe to that pipe. Took off the cross bar mount from the top of the strut tower and made up a two bolt mount up point on it. Just need to measure the smaller tube length and then weld it up to the flat plate to bolt to the tower mount. On to the PICS...

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_3232.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

More to come on this project of course.

• 2 weeks later...
Feel free to copy any pics that are posted here or my pictures website. Just to let you know, that T5 has been modified for the Z31. It is still the T5Z but not for the Cobra any longer. That is a custom built input shaft and the upper and tail casings have been changed to the Z31 cases. All the internals have been cryo treated also to help eliminate breakage.

I do not mind you contacting me. I will PM you some info.

I also have the drawing of the trans adapter. Only the 10 holes for the bell to the adapter were hand drilled on a press. The other is CNC.

Let me know if you have any questions. Now that I am at the final blows I will answer any questions you have about it.

I was about to do a Mustang T5 behind a VH45DE and found your great write-up. I'm sending you a PM asking for the adapter plate print. :mrgreen:

Question: why did you modify the T5 input shaft (and tailhousing?) - just to use the Z32 clutch disc and PP? Couldn't you have used the Z32 pressure plate with a Ford clutch disc, so that the splines on the T5 shaft lined up with the disc, and saved some effort? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Put in a Q45 ecu from Impul Japan. It made a very nice change in the engine. This is just a short video running at night with the new ecu.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Test-drive-with-new-Impul_717894.htm

One more. Night drive down Highland Valley rd. in San Diego.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Z45-A-shakedown-run-on-rd_717898.htm