HybridZ

ka24de & 77 l28e 5spd

iceman2k6

Z is not refering to Zcar tranny... if you had read my previous posts in this thread you would have seen that I was refering to the Z-series (as in Crossflow 4cylinder datsun Z20, Z22, Z24).

I never knew anyone had done a KA swap when I started my planning. My friend has an extra KA, and I was already very familiar with them, when I looked into the stock HP numbers of the L24 I was surprised that the KA had more power and torque, so it was a no brainer. As of now I have no plans to go forced induction (I don't care about having a fast car right now), so the 280z tranny will work fine for me... the stock motor runs greats but burns a lot of oil. Plus I just want to do it cause I can.

Cool car you got there though SD, its really inspiring.

thanks alot man! hey im stoked that your gonna do it too! not a common swap that is done. but i think its gonna be the next big thing. :mrgreen:

sorry i didn't catch the napz tranny part. i was getting tired of scanning through all the arguing and such. i wouldn't know about that tranny, but i think it is shorter than the 240sx transmission based on what my mechanic friend who owns an older nissan truck said. he wanted to swap in a ka, but he said the trans was too long or something on the 240sx and he would have to shift farther back. but thats just what he said....

but ya, if it works for you then be sure to show a couple pics for me when your done. don't let the secret die with you when you go 200mph with the turbo setup!:burnout:

anyways, good luck! and give me a halla if you want some tips on turboing it and random questions. glad to help if i can. later man.

thanks alot man! hey im stoked that your gonna do it too! not a common swap that is done. but i think its gonna be the next big thing. :mrgreen:

sorry i didn't catch the napz tranny part. i was getting tired of scanning through all the arguing and such. i wouldn't know about that tranny, but i think it is shorter than the 240sx transmission based on what my mechanic friend who owns an older nissan truck said. he wanted to swap in a ka, but he said the trans was too long or something on the 240sx and he would have to shift farther back. but thats just what he said....

but ya, if it works for you then be sure to show a couple pics for me when your done. don't let the secret die with you when you go 200mph with the turbo setup!:burnout:

anyways, good luck! and give me a halla if you want some tips on turboing it and random questions. glad to help if i can. later man.

When I was explaining the Z tranny, I was telling wizardblack since he asked. You are right though, the KA tranny is longer, but the napsZ tranny bolts to the KA, has the correct lean, and is the same length as the Lseries tranny, SO your mechanic friend has it easy if he has the napsZ based truck.

I have a build thread in the project section, but nothing KA related yet. No turbo for me though, MAYBE a SC at some point... but not in the near future, I am still just in the "make it reliable" part of my build.

Z is not refering to Zcar tranny... if you had read my previous posts in this thread you would have seen that I was refering to the Z-series (as in Crossflow 4cylinder datsun Z20, Z22, Z24).

I never knew anyone had done a KA swap when I started my planning. My friend has an extra KA, and I was already very familiar with them, when I looked into the stock HP numbers of the L24 I was surprised that the KA had more power and torque, so it was a no brainer. As of now I have no plans to go forced induction (I don't care about having a fast car right now), so the 280z tranny will work fine for me... the stock motor runs greats but burns a lot of oil. Plus I just want to do it cause I can.

Cool car you got there though SD, its really inspiring.

Ah, I see. I am not familiar with those so it can be a bit misleading. Thanks for the clarification.

• 1 month later...